wonderful news

I dropped to my knees and stared with wide eyes across the room. “ I don’t understand. I thought you were burned at the stake. I’m so sorry I couldn’t save you. I didn’t know what would happen when I left the house. I swear to god! If I had known I wouldn’t have left. I promise!” I wailed not caring that I was in front of the most powerful vampires in creation, only that my little brother and little sister were in front of me.

“Jane?” A black haired man called her name, a name that caused pain for over a thousand years due to guilt. I’m assuming she has a power considering when our eyes met I was in excruciating pain. Then I heard his voice.
“You are an imposter. Our sister died over a thousand years ago. Our parents had a grave for her made, right beside ours. She’s dead.” Alec whispered with a murderous glare in my direction.

“No no, Jane, dear one, let me get the truth from our guest”. The black haired man spoke. With that my sister was no longer causing me pain but glaring at me as well. The difference between my little brother and my little sister was that Alec was glaring with anger and fear while she was glaring with anger and sadness.

“Young one, please”, the man spoke to me, “allow me to see the truth. It is my gift.” I nodded and stood up shakily and walked over to me, never once looking away from my siblings absolutely terrified that they would disappear. I placed my hand in his and was amazed to see my entire life fly by. The horrible night that started it all, the people I’d met, the people I’d loved and lost, the constant grief I’d felt my whole life regarding my siblings.

“Oh my, my dear dear Alec and Jane, it appears that she is indeed Lydia. Ask Marcus if you need further proof.”

The twins whipped their heads towards Marcus who only nodded and in that same instant I was on the floor with Jane and Alec on top of me heaving dry sobs. I wrapped my arms around them and joined their sobs. My siblings, my twins were alive and safe in my arms and I felt relief and pure joy for the first time in centuries. One word cut through the room.

“Aro.”

This caused the three of us to shoot up, but not once did we let go of each other as we watched the man, who I now knew as Aro, walk to Marcus who had his hand held out.
I gazed nervously as I saw his eyes glaze over the same way they did when he read my thoughts and as instantly as they clouded they snapped between me and a god like blonde sitting on a throne at the other side of the room.

“It appears that not only is Lydia here Jane and Alec’s long lost sister but she’s also Caius’ mate. She will be the next queen of Volturi, to rule alongside her mate, Marcus and I."

I heard a growl come from Alec as I made eye contact with Caius at the same time Jane clutched onto me so tightly I felt my skin start to crack.

"Let my mate go Jane. Alec, stop it before I have Jane use her powers on you. Lydia, if you would, please follow me." He said before he appeared in front of me with his hand extended. I heard whimpers coming from my siblings.

"Dear ones, please do not worry. We're back together again. I've waited so long for this, and I've waited to find my mate for nearly as long. I promise you I'll be back with you as soon as possible. Be the strong witch twins I've heard you to be, for me."

With sad eyes both of my siblings let me go with Caius. As we walked out of the room I turned to look at them clutching each other as they looked after me with sad eyes. Caius seemed to notice so he turned to look at them before sighing.

"I promise you, Jane and Alec, no harm will come to my mate so long as I'm here."