A familiar face joins the Volturi

I had already been caught up on everything that transpired and I was absolutely torn apart. I felt like it was my responsibility that Edward was dead.

"Gattina please let me in. It's been hours since I've seen you and I can feel how miserable you are, please my love?"

I heard Caius sigh and lean against the door. I flashed over to the door and unlocked it before reverting back to my position under all the pillows on my bed. He tried the door again and I knew he smiled when he could open the door and I felt him move onto the bed behind me and pulled me to him.

"None of that was your fault my angel. That boy had it coming and the human, unfortunately lived but she's injured, badly. No one is mad at you."

That's when I realized that he hadn't seen Aro's face when I said no and that's what scared me. I shook my head no as I cuddled further into him. He pulled my face up to look at him.

"What do you mean, no."

The tone he used told me I wasn't dealing with the soft Caius I loved and adored, I was dealing with the most feared vampire ever. And I knew I needed to be honest with him or it would be a bigger disaster.

"I know Aro's mad at me for saying no to him. The look on his face screamed rage when he looked at me."

I whispered and closed my eyes as I heard a terrifying growl escape Caius.

"My brother is an absolute idiot for getting mad at you. Ignore his stupidity. Please? For me gattina, I promise nothing's gonna harm you, not while I'm around you."

He tugged me impossibly closer to him and purred which he knew could calm me down and it did. He would switch from purring to humming and back and it really relaxed me and my mind frame. I really appreciated him and everything he did for me.

"I may feel like I have a hole missing, but here, in your arms I know that I can get through anything. You and my siblings are my rocks and I am so happy that I found them again and that I found you. You're my world, my warrior and I'll cherish you and protect you forever."

He smiled down at me before kissing my forehead.

"Gattina, I may be your world but it is I who will protect you forever. I love you and you make me feel like I'm human again which I never thought possible. Thank you for being mine."

I loved his soft side and I was grateful that I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of it rather than be someone who sees the evil that I know is locked inside of him. I hugged him tightly and kissed his jawline softly. He stood up and pulled me with him with a grin on his face. Caius pulled me behind him towards his piano and I couldn't help but smile because I loved that he knew how much his piano playing cheered me up. He sat me down beside him and began playing my lullaby. I closed my eyes and swayed softly to the beautiful music.

"There's that gorgeous smile I love so much."

He whispered when he was done playing, I opened my eyes and looked at him and when I did I saw nothing but love and admiration in his eyes. I did what any woman in love would do and I leaned forward and kissed him as passionately as I could and he returned it tenfold. I tangled my hands in his hair to pull him impossibly closer. I could have stayed like that forever, and that's when a knock interrupted us, which understandably caused him to growl angrily.

"What do you want?"

He roared as he glared at the door and when I saw who knocked I smacked Caius' arm and walked over to him.

"Yes Lex, what's the matter?"

"Master Aro has requested you and Master Caius to join him and Master Marcus in the throne room, we have an unexpected visitor."

Alec looked down as he waited for Caius and I to follow him, I was there sooner because Caius was a mopey little cat because we were interrupted.

"Lead the way Lex, Caius, dear please don't be upset. We can resume after, I'd like to see who the visitor is."

I cooed to my stubborn mate who reluctantly came over to me and took my hand as we all walked towards the throne room. I hummed softly as Caius ran his hand over the back of my hand in a soothing motion as Alec wore a happy grin. Two of the guys who meant the world to me were by my side and my little sister was in the throne room. I rolled my eyes as I heard the introductions, god I hated being referred to as the soon to be queen.

"Ah dear brother, dear Lydia, thank you for joining us today. It seems that we have a potential for a new guard member, but we all wanted to hear your reaction to it, especially yours Lydia. Felix, bring in our dear guest."

I clutched Caius' hand, actually a little bit scared of who it could be. But the second I saw who it was I was beyond happy as I launched myself at him.

"What the hell Jazzy! Of course I'm gonna say yes to this Aro! Oh my gods I've missed you!"

I squeezed him as tightly as he squeezed me before I heard a growl of rage come from my jealous possessive mate. I knew this would happen so I looked at Marcus for backup and he chuckled and nodded.

"Dear brother, there's no need to be jealous. Jasper is her soul brother, he holds no romantic feelings for her, his feelings for her are the same as how young Alec sees her. I agree with dear Lydia and I know you do too Aro. Caius, think about it this way, she will never be more protected than she will after he joins us. You, the god of war and the Major of strategy paired together. I think it's a great idea."

I knew he was going to cave when he took an unneeded breath through his nose and he nodded.

"Welcome to the Volturi, Major."

I squealed and turned to Caius before running to him and hugging him tightly, I knew he was glaring at Jasper as I heard the room chuckle.

"Relax my warrior, I am all yours and only yours."

He planted a kiss on my forehead before muttering.

"Least I know I'll have someone to talk to when you're in a mood."

That made Jasper laugh before he responded.

"She sure is a crazy one sometimes."

I was huffy that they were teasing me but I had a huge smile on because now, my life was perfect.