Mia Gattina

In Caius' PoV

"Oh mia gattina, dove sei, per favore torna da mei."

I muttered to myself as I wallowed in sadness and rage. My precious mate was gone. No one knows where she is or who she was taken by and something's blocking Demetri from tracking her which is just stressing me out even more. I was pacing around my chambers clutching one of my mates favourite hoodies and breathing in her scent. I needed her to come back to me. She was my rock. I was so unhinged without her. The knock on the door was responded to with a vase being thrown at it. The door creaked open and Jane's head peaked through. I sighed and closed my eyes, I couldn't be mad at her. Not only was she my mate's baby sister, she was going through a similar pain that I was.

"I'm sorry Jane, my emotions, not unlike your own, are going haywire right now. I feel like something is missing from my heart and I hate it. My undead heart aches and I feel such a fire is inside me and it's excruciating. I just want her in my arms. Jane I love her and I feel so guilty that she's gone."

I collapsed to the ground and I was surprised when I felt her small arms hug me as she rubbed my back. I hugged her to me as I felt her little body shake with sobs.

"S she's my sister Master Caius. I spent over a millennia thinking she was dead and now I'm stuck in that boat again. I want her back."

It was at that moment that I knew I had to be strong not only for me, but for Jane and Alec. I had to be the strong ruthless king that everyone expected of me. And I would be.

"Jane, I swear to you that we will get Lydia back alive. I promise you that until we do, no matter what you or Alec need, come to me and I will make sure it's done. You're the siblings of my mate, intern making you my siblings as well and I will protect the two of you fiercely."

She pulled away from me and smiled sadly. I felt my heart break even more for the siblings as for the first time since they joined the Volturi I saw just how young and innocent she was. No matter what happens from here on in I would protect them.

"I I'm gonna go check on Alec, but thank you Master Caius."

I nodded as she left the room. Once the door closed I let out the most terrifying roar that quite literally shook the entire room I was in. I needed an outlet for my rage and sadness. It hit me at once, my piano, she loved that instrument. I flashed over to it and instantly my emotions poured out of me as a symphony of sadness and rage flowed out of me.

I didn't know how long I had been playing but I knew it was long when the sun started to set and Jasper showed up.

"Master Caius, I'm sorry that my soul sister is missing. I can feel the emotions radiating off of you in waves. But I know Lydia well enough to know that she would not want you to sit around, starving yourself no matter where she is. She would want you to be strong and continue being the king you are. So please, for her sake, would you please come to the throne room to feed?"

I sighed as I realised that he was right. I needed to feed in order to be as strong as I could to find her, rule alongside my brother and for the time being protect the twins with my life. I followed Jasper to the throne room and as soon as we got there I went feral. By the time I was satiated I was sitting on my throne.

I looked towards Marcus, who still hadn't moved since we found out Lydia was missing before I turned to Aro who was watching me.

"I know brother. I feel it too, we shall get her back safely."

I could only pray that he was right.