Death

Suddenly I shot up and heaved a dry cough before looking around at all of the rubble and destruction that was around me. Panic and fear shot through me. Where were Jane and Alec? Did Alice and Felix and Demitri make it out? Caius!! I felt a hand on my wrist and I screamed.

"Darlin! Calm down! It's me, I'm not gonna hurt ya, it's me, Jasper."

When he said that I jumped on him and hugged him.

"Oh thank god you're okay! Everyone else should be okay right?? I can't see anything. I don't see anyone's choice! What's wrong with me??"

I am really scared now. I needed to know if I still had my other powers. I reached for Jasper's hand and I sighed in relief while he looked at me in confusion.

"I'll explain later, Jasper."

I needed to test my fire so I closed my eyes and I shot an orb at the castle and yelped happily when it worked. I tested my invisibility and that worked too. I was scared to try my spirit manipulation. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing before I held my hands out and I knew it worked by Jasper's response.

"God damn it Dia, I will never get used to that. It's spooky."

Suddenly I was lifted in the air which made me let out an absolute shriek of terror and I burned whoever lifted me up, and I should have expected to feel the ground under my ass when it happened.

"DAMN IT FELIX YOU DROPPED MY SISTER AGAIN!"

If my undead heart could beat it would have stopped. I looked up to see five faces looking down at me, Jane, Alec, Felix, Alice and Jasper. I was so relieved. I shot up and encased all of them in a group hug. My baby siblings, my soul brother and two of my best friends were in my arms.

"Janey! Lex! Oh my god I'm so happy you're okay. I was so worried about you all! How did you find me?"

It got real sombre real fast before I heard new footsteps come forward which made a new bout of emotions ride over me. I lunged at Demetri and hugged him before I threw myself into my soul fathers arms.

"I know dear. I'm quite happy to see you alive as well. As for how we found you, your soul brother Randolph came up with quite the idea. I know you're shocked but he was. Anyways. He alerted us using the phone we gave him that you were in danger and we ran here as fast as we could to save you. I do not know where Caius and Aro are but I was instructed by Caius to get you to Volterra safely under whatever means are needed. So please, don't make me use the twins on you dear one?"

I couldn't help the dry sobs that were shaking my core and I nodded into him. He picked me up and ran me away from the castle, we were followed by everyone as my mind panicked. I couldn't feel Caius and that made me feel so nervous. I wanted to throw up, something that hasn't occurred to me in over a thousand years.

I was so inside my head trying to see anything possible related to Caius but I could see nothing. I saw Alec, Jane, Jasper and I messing around in the castle. The guards and I play fighting and I get mad when I know they let me win. Alice and I literally designing everything under the sun for the castle. Marcus and I reading books and laughing at inside jokes. I tried to poke and prod at the future but saw nothing regarding Caius so I gave up and collapsed in Marcus' arms.

When we got back no one really said or did anything. Alice kissed Jasper and pushed him towards my siblings, Marcus and I. Still being carried in Marcus' arms we all went to the lounge in the kings quarters, a space that was shared between them and I since I lived with Caius.

Marcus sat me down on my favourite chair which faced the gardens and draped a blanket over me before sitting down on the sofa while the others sat down in random places around the room. I completely zoned out and felt pulled into the world of spirits as they clouded over me, biting and hissing at my marble skin.

"Aye little flower, it's been a while hmm??"

I whirled around and sank to my knees. In front of me was a wispy version of Owen who seemed to glide like he was on air. I couldn't speak as tears of crystal venom that would never fall came to my eyes.

"I'm sorry for how our last conversation went lass, Gwen says she misses you and she's proud of you by the way. I should have told you that your siblings were alive, I just didn't want to lose you to them. I lost you anyway due to my selfishness. I'm here to tell you that I truly am sorry for not being there for you the way I should have been. I'm sorry we fought. But please, do not ever doubt yourself. You are the bravest, kindest, smartest and most stubborn vampire I have ever known. Your siblings are so lucky they get to spend forever with you. And yes I am aware that Marcus is your soul father now that I don't exist anymore, but he's a good man flower. He will make sure that mate of yours treats you right. Love him purely and truly Lydia, you both were made for each other. Someone wants to say goodbye too. I love you, you were the best daughter I could have ever asked for."

For a brief second before he faded away into nothingness he hugged me which shattered my heart. I heard a throat clear and slowly turned around and was stunned by who I saw in front of me and I found my voice.

"I thought you made it out alive, Aro!"

He shook his head and walked towards me, taking my hands in his.

"I was wrong about you Lydia. You're so much stronger and braver than I ever could have imagined. You're way more skilled than I ever thought any vampire let alone any woman could ever be. I am so glad my brother had found his mate. You'll be an excellent queen my dear. Be strong and follow your gut like I always did, and use my gift to guide you, I know you already have it. You will do great things. Please tell Jane and Alec I will always be proud of them.  Goodbye Lydia."

I was shot back into the normal realm before I had the opportunity to respond. Someone was shaking me and I opened my eyes to see Marcus staring down at me with pure fear in his eyes, the room grew still as I said my first sentence since I opened my eyes.

"Goodbye, Aro."

A/N: There are only a few chapters left in this book and I'm getting sad about it. I've loved coming up with the story of Lydia and Caius. Thank you all for reading it and I hope you enjoy the last few chapters of My Invisible Flame.