The Truth is Out

I enjoyed my time with Caius but I knew I needed to get away in order to call my family and tell them about the situation I'd found myself in. I mean, I'd discussed what I would be doing. I would be finally truly settling down and joining a coven, I'm staying with the Volturi, it's what makes the most sense, Caius is here and so are my siblings. I needed to tell him that I was going to call them because we'd developed a strong bond between us over the four days I've been here.

"Caius, I'm gonna step away for a moment to call Owen to tell him what's going on. I'll be back quickly." I whispered in his ear before kissing his neck and speeding into the hallway.

I took an unneeded breath and closed my eyes before hitting Owen's name on my phone and I waited with phantom butterflies for him to pick up.

"Flower! I've been wondering when you would call. A lot has happened since you left. For one, Edward met his mate. She's a human named Bella Swan and he's absolutely head over heels for her; he just doesn't know how to act. He's being a broody sod right now but he's coming back tomorrow. I think she'll be good for him. Anyways, how are your travels going? Where are you now?"

"Wow, Eddie's met his mate. I'm happy for him, I'm sure she'll be perfect for him. I'm sorry it took so long to call. A lot has happened, I went to John's grave then I travelled to Europe. You'll never guess what happened, I'm gonna tell you cuz I'm too excited to wait for you to guess. My siblings are alive, and they're the witch twins, Jane and Alec! I'm so happy that they're alive. Oh and Caius, he's my mate."

I was happy for Edward and I was excited for Owen's reaction to me finding Jane and Alec again.

"Shit. Well... I suppose you were going to find out at some point. I've known for a long time that they're your siblings. I just didn't want you to find out because I didn't want to lose you flower." He whispered into the phone.

My jaw dropped and crystal tears never fell.

"I can't believe you. You knew and didn't tell me. I never thought you'd break my trust like that. I don't want to talk to you Owen. Don't reach out to me, don't call me. Forget me. Goodbye."

Before I could hit the floor I was in a pair of familiar comforting arms. I let Caius lead me back into his room and onto his bed. I was in a state of shock. I laid in his arms unblinking and unmoving as I clutched the phone until it crumbled in my hands.

"It's okay, flame. You're going to be okay. I'm here for you." He whispered in my ear as he held me.

I wanted him, but I also wanted Jane and Alec, thankfully he knew me well enough that he sent a text to them and within 30 seconds they were knocking at the door.

"Jane, Alec, would you mind comforting your sister? I worry about her but I have duties, however before I leave her in your arms, would you please go get her a body?"

They flew out of the room and he kissed my forehead.

"I know you want all three of us but I want you to spend time with your siblings, they need to get to know you. I cherish you flame, and I will be back later to stay by your side. I know we only just met a few days ago, but you're always in my heart."

When he finished talking a soft knock echoed through the room. Caius placed me back on the bed and went to answer it. The smell of human blood took over my instincts as I hadn't fed at all since I was in Virginia and that was on animals. I let my body move and my mind stayed still as I pounced on the human and sucked it dry. I sank to the floor with the body as my emotions were still fried. Ever so carefully the now drained human was taken from my grasp and my sister was hugging me.

"Ly, I've never been good when it comes to emotions except for when it came to you and Alec, and I know you. When you feel betrayed by someone you trust you shut down and become a shell for months. Please don't do that now."

That's when I felt Alec's arms.

"We need you Ya-ya, we just got you back. We're supposed to be the witch twins, strong and terrifying, we're weak and terrified now that you're hurt. Please don't leave us again."

In the arms of my twins, with my mate I knew I could get through this. Slowly I wrapped my arms around them and I knew they felt it when they hugged me back.

"Thank you guys, I'm so thankful that I have you back in my life. I've missed you and needed you for so long. I'm so sorry we've been apart for so long. Had someone I used to trust told me who you were, we could have been together so much sooner."

When they heard that they growled and held me tighter. Soon enough they let go so we could move to the sofa to be more comfortable.

"You will never have to be near them again. There's so much to do here sister, you can and will be entertained for an eternity, especially since you are the queen, or soon to be queen. I do hope Master Aro lets us spend time together." Alec was still the chatterbox he was to me the last time I saw him. I reached over and grabbed his hand.

"You can worry about that after Lex, but for now tell me about what you two have been up to."

Once I said that they both began to regale me with all of their adventures, both dangerous and exciting. Including all of the horrible wars they went through.

I was only hoping that I could get some peace with them and some alone time with Caius before anything insane happened. I was ready for some peace and even though I was hurt I was hoping that nothing would go wrong with Owen and the Cullens and that one day eventually I hoped we could go back to a trusting relationship once again.