GRIMM MAY CRY (INFORMATIVE CHAPTER)

Okay before we start, this is just a breakdown of the timeline of events in this universe, the actual reaction will be next chapter. First of all Jaune will be Dante and Adam will be Vergil and yes the two of them are going to be brothers, just not twins. Adam is the older one by a year, if you're wondering how, Jaune's dad married Adam's mom. Salem will play the role of Mundus where she ended sending an army of Grimm to attack the boys' home and kill their mother. Everything plays out like it did in the game, Jaune ends up hiding in a closet as his mother is killed by Grimm outside and Adam is attacked and unlocks his Grimm Trigger when he realizes no one is coming to help him.

The two brothers then go their separate ways, with Jaune getting Crocea Mors and Adam getting Wilt. Jaune ends up living on the street for a while till he's adopted by Glynda Goodwitch who becomes his adopted mother, while Adam survives on his own not wanting to be seen as weak by accepting help from others. As Jaune grows up he becomes pretty skilled with his sword, as well as his Grimm powers but when asked why he wants to be huntsmen, Jaune says because he wants to be a hero like his dad but deep down he wants revenge on Salem. Jaune goes to beacon and is still pretty cocky and witty similar to Dante, he doesn't want to make friends as he's scared of losing them, which is why he's pissed when Oz decides to make him leader of Team JNPR. He ends up opening up a bit and makes friends with his teammates and team RWBY, with Ruby even making him Ebony and Ivory. Cardin stops his bullying on faunus after Jaune scares the shit outta him when he bullied Velvet, he also starts to develop feelings for Pyrrha but is scared of admitting them.

Now with Adam, he does not join the white fang but instead becomes a mercenary, taking any job as long as it pays well. Then when the fall of Beacon happened that's when the brothers reunite as Adam realizes Jaune is there from watching the Vytal Festival. Adam cuts down both Grimm and White Fang members until he finds Jaune who is shocked to see his brother alive. Adam still needs Jaune's half of their mother's amulet to open the portal to the darklands, which the blonde refuses to give causing the two to fight. It's pretty evenly matched until Jaune sees Pyrrha get killed by Cinder, this momentary distraction causes Adam to steal the amulet but he doesn't leave. Jaune flies into a rage and enters a state similar to Nero when he awakened in DMC 4 and he actually tears off Cinder's arm and gouges out her eye, but she is saved when a horde of Grimm attack providing a distraction. Adam returns the amulet to Jaune as it left a bad taste in his mouth with how he won it. Also both Ozpin and Glynda die in the fight and due to Jaune entering a false Grimm Trigger like state Salem now knows he and Adam are alive.

Instead of Blake leaving since her whole issue with Adam never happened, Jaune is the one to leave as he feels guilty about the school getting destroyed and all the deaths that happened so far. Jaune goes on looking for answers about Salem and killing as many Grimm as possible, in his travels he ends up encountering the Branwen tribe and Raven who he questions about Salem and her goons. She refuses to give him answers which annoys him, but he gets seriously pissed when he learns she's Yang's mother who had abandoned her and Tai all those years ago. The two have a fight where Raven legitimately puts up a good fight due to her experience and skill, but Jaune's raw power is too much to handle and it doesn't help when she realizes that Jaune is basically immortal after watching him get stabbed in the head and pull the sword out like nothing happened. Raven evening uses her Spring Maiden powers but is completely distraught when even that doesn't do anything to him. Not wanting to die Raven spills the plans about Haven which causes Jaune to hurry over there as the rest of the tribe are in shock at watching their leader get dismantled like that. Jaune goes to Haven where he finds Ruby's group and Cinder's group there as well as Adam who appears to be working with the bad guys.

Cinder ABSOLUTELY refuses to fight Jaune, still traumatized from he did to her last time. Adam steps up and the two brothers begin fighting once again and it sorta becomes a game where everyone tries to avoid the battle between the two as barely anybody can keep up. Cinder uses this distraction to go into the vault but is stopped by Raven who had a change of heart from her fight with Jaune. The two maidens fight and Raven ends up killing Cinder. Back in the hall, the other combatants begin to fight while staying away from the brothers, Adam ends up gaining the upper hand due to taking advantage of Jaune's fury at his older brother for joining the same people who destroyed their family. Adam responds that he will do whatever it takes to gain power, but Jaune notices a hidden emotion in his brother's eyes that distracts him enough for Adam to subdue him. He fakes taking the amulet but claims that he can take it anytime he wants leaving Jaune growling at him. Hearing that Cinder was killed Emerald breaks down in sadness and anger and unleashes a powerful illusion making it seem like Salem appeared, which catches everyone off guard even Adam and Jaune, with the latter flying into a rage at seeing the woman who killed his family but calms down when he realizes it's an illusion. The bad guys retreat with Emerald swearing revenge for Cinder, Adam however doesn't leave with them and instead goes his own way.

Seeing the battle was done Jaune attempts to leave once again but is stopped by Team RWBY and Team NP who were sad, angry and worried when he left. Seeing how badly his friends were affected Jaune apologizes and tells them about his heritage and his connection to Adam and Salem, he also tells them he left cause he was worried more people would be killed cause of him. Ruby calls him an idiot for trying to do this by himself before embracing him, prompting everyone else there to join in the group hug as well. The war with Salem then begins and lasts for about three years, in that time the heroes earn victories and suffer casualties but Jaune ends up getting feelings for Ruby. Not wanting to repeat the same mistake with Pyrrha, he tells her his true feelings and is happy to know that she feels the same way.

Eventually Jaune finally encounters Salem face-to-face, she tells him how much he looks like his father before remarking that she will end the Arc's bloodline right here and now. Jaune and Salem begin a pretty epic fight but Jaune struggles a seeing why she earned her title as 'The Queen of Grimm'. However in a shocking twist Adam shows up to help Jaune fight Salem, The blonde jokes that Adam does care, while the bull faunus scoffs saying he is merely eliminating a threat to him attaining power. With the brothers finally working together, they are able to overpower Salem with Adam using his Grimm Trigger while Jaune uses his false Grimm Trigger like state and the two eventually seal her away as she declares that she will return one day. Jaune breaths a sigh of relief declaring that they finally avenged their mother but Adam doesn't say anything and instead gets into a stance, saying that while Salem is gone for now she may return so he'll need the power to finally kill her. Jaune sighs as he himself gets into a combat stance as well but before they can fight Jaune's allies are heard in the distance, prompting Adam to sheathe Wilt, before saying that he'll let his little brother celebrate this victory now but the day will come when he will come for that amulet. Jaune smirks saying that he will be ready for that day, as Adam runs off once again. A few days later Jaune actually proposes to Ruby and a year after Salem's defeat Jaune has decided to open a little shop to earn some cash for his now eight month pregnant wife when the events of DMC 3 take place.

Like I said next chapter will be the actual reaction, but I felt the need to give you guys the run down for this timeline instead of actually talking about in the reaction chapter. Cause as you can see it's pretty long. Anyway have a good day and be ready for the next chapter.