Hurt

Jordan's POV

"I'm going to be honest here," Sarah hesitated. "It's not good." The look on her face was something i've never seen on her before. I put my hand on Douglas back to try and comfort him, he wasn't taking this well.

"Sh-she was brutally raped."

The silence after her statement was deafening. Douglas shook off my hand and stormed out of the room. "He'll be okay, he just need to let out some steam." I explain.

"Are you alright?" Mitch asked.

"No but I have to be strong for us. Please continue Sarah."

"Alright, well she has also been self-harming for some time now, from the scars I would say maybe 10 months or so. It's probably her way of dealing with the abuse she's suffered. There is bruising on her lower abdomen and inner thighs, it's pretty bad. There is no way for me to tell how extensive her injuries are because I have no proper medical equipment but we can go to the university and I can take x-rays and a CT scan to make sure she doesn't have any broken bones or a concussion."

I sit for a minute taking everything in. Rage starts to course through my veins and I get up rubbing my hair through my hands fighting the urge to break something.

"You need to calm down, your brother and Katie need you to be the strong one right now. You can let lose later but not right now, not with them in the house." Mitch reasons with me.

"Yeah, yeah you're right. They need me."

Just as i'm calming down Douglas walks back into the room.

"Sorry." He mutters not making eye contact with anyone but the floor and sits down on the love seat.

"It's fine Douglas." I try to comfort him.

"Is there anything else Sarah?"

"Yeah, theres one more thing, she has rope burn pretty bad from what I can tell by the marks on both of her wrist. So, i'm going to assume she was tied down when the rape happened." She looked at Mitch to finish.

He thought for a second. "She most likely has night mares and i'm assuming that she will be saying here from now on so it's important that when she does have them that you do not pin her down in any way. That will just make it worse. Also, I think that it would be a good idea for me and her to have sessions at least twice a week, more if she would be okay with it,  when she is ready to talk about everything."

Sarah spoke up next. "I think that we should go to the university right now and do the test, it's better to be safe than sorry.

"Yeah of course, Douglas will you go get her." I ask him.

He gets out of the chair with out a word.

"I think we should take separate cars, she doesn't know us and I don't want to scare her." Mitch says.