Prolouge

"Hey mom, can I have some gum?" I asked my mom for like the 47th time in a row, hoping she would finally give in. "Fine!" She exclaimed. I turned up the radio when a song that I liked came on.

"Hey, I was listening to a song!" I yelled at her when she turned it back off. Just to be a bitch I turned the volume louder hoping to piss her off. I loved messing with her, it was like a game and she always got back at me. I guess its just our thing as mother and daughter.

"Katie!" I try to hide a snort cause my evil plan worked.

"Hand me my purse."

"Whats the magic word?" I sneered.

"Katie! For a 17 year old high school senior you're so immature." I still didn't give in.

"Why do you have to be so difficult, jesus!" she's getting flustered.

Her purse was right by my feet, but I still made no move to get it. She unhooked her seatbelt so she could reach over the center console and grab the bag. I looked out of the window watching the blurring trees pass, it was night time so you couldn't see that well but it still soothed me. Mom was still reaching over, digging for something. After she found what she was looking for, which happened to be lipstick, I got the glare.

The car came to an abrupt stop causing me to fly forward. "Red light." she snickered. "Yeah i'm so-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence, the blinding lights of a car coming straight towards us silenced me in an instance. I didn't even have time to scream before they crashed into us. And everything went black.

Waking up in the hospital was the saddest day of my life. My mother had passed, killed on impact. By a miracle I only had a couple cuts and a broken ankle. My father could barely stand to look at me. He was always cold, but now I assume that it would only get worse. I didn't blame him though, all of this was my fault. She is dead because of me and I have to live with that for the rest of my life.