Finally a Good Day

I woke up in the morning with a nervous feeling in my belly. I took my time getting dressed because it still hurt to move around. I wonder if there will ever be a day when I can say that I feel completely fine.  I got my white oversized brand new band tee and some maroon skinnies with some black mary janes to wear today.  I’m really glad my mom actually let me buy whatever I wanted to wear when she was still here.  I haven’t gotten new clothes since she died. 

My heart hurts at the thought of her.

**

 As I was walking from my last class of the day,  my nerves got worse and worse, as I got closer to Mr. Booth’s office.  The grey door was closed and I couldn’t bring myself to knock.  I clenched and unclenched my fist until I decided that I needed to get this over with.  With my stomach in my throat I knocked three times and waited for a response.  When I heard the door start to creak open dread filled my entire being.  I kept my eyes on the floor.  The door swung open and a pair of tan leather combat boots can’t into sight and I still kept my eyes on the floor. 

“Katie, I’m glad you came.”  A voice that I knew was Jordans. 

“It’s not like I was given a choice.” I said under my breath not thinking that he would hear me, but surprise; they did. 

I finally looked up at his face that had a smug smirk on it.  I narrowed my eyes at him and looked away. 

“Well come in, don’t just stand out there.” He moved aside to let me in.  I took a deep breath and walked inside.  It was bigger than I expected for an office.  There was a long tan couch across from the desk where Douglas was sitting.

“What do you want?” I tried to appear confident.  Didn’t someone say to fake it until you have it? That’s what I’m doing now cause these men scare the shit out of me. 

“We just want to talk to you.” I rolled my eyes at that. 

“So you blackmailed me into here?  I could have talked to you in class.”

“I don’t know if you remember correctly,” Jordan stars, “But you did faint in front of us, that doesn’t usually happen.”

Oh man, what do I say to that?

“I forgot to eat that morning and I’m really stressed out.  So if that’s all you wanted to know then I’ll leave now. “ I go to walk out the door and just as I’m about to pull the handle I run straight into a hard muscular chest. 

“Not so fast.” Jordan says in a husky voice.  I looked down and I probably shouldn’t have because then I saw how dangerously low his dark was jeans hung on his hips.   

I gulped.  Why am I being put into this position?

“Why are you stressed?” A worried tone that belongs to Douglas filled my ears as he was now standing behind me.  “I really don’t think that’s any of y-your b-business.” My fake confidence fails me as I stutter. 

I’m still looking down at Jordans black combat boots and I can feel Douglas behind me.  Why are they so close? My breathing becomes more and more erratic as I start to panic.  I feel like a deer caught in headlights.  I can’t even fight off my dad much less two people.