The Plan

It's funny how everything can seem to be going so well, and then in the blink of an eye life does a complete 180. It's my own fault, really, I should have known that I couldn't be so lucky.
          Looking around the dim room, I'm surrounded by 4 stone walls, the wall I front of me has a metal door. From what I've gathered I'm in a cell. I only have one of those mats you sleep on in kindergarten to lay on and a cotton sheet to cover with.
     I don't quite remember how I got here. One minute I'm going to the mall and the next, I'm waking up in this room with a chain hooked to my ankle, keeping me tethered to the wall. I haven't figured out a way to tell time, but I have gone to sleep three times since I woke up. There is no contact with anyone, only a piece of bread and bottle of water on the floor when I wake up.
      I miss Jordan and Douglas. A few tears escape my eyes as I think about them. I'll probably never see them again, and it makes me feel like my heart is ripping apart piece by piece the longer I sit here. Maybe it would have been better if I would have never met them. Never experienced their kindness or love. I wouldn't know what I was missing then. I wouldn't know this emptiness that I feel not only in my chest, but in every part of my body. Despite my best efforts, a sob breaks through my chest, making my whole body shake. I didn't want the people who took me to see my this low, to see me falling apart.
      I laid my head down on the thin mat, curling into myself, trying to make myself disappear all together.
       I faintly hear voices coming from outside the door so I clamp my mouth shut and roll over to face the wall as if I was sleeping. This is the first time I've ever heard anyone, and I don't want them to know that I'm awake.
      My door creaks and groans as a latch is pulled. I hold my breath in fear as it opens.
     "Why is this one always sleeping?" An unfamiliar voice whines. "I just want to play with her."   "You know the rules, boss has to have first touch and he'll be back later tonight." A second voice says.
      Play with me? Boss? It doesn't sound like this is going to end well for me and thinking about someone 'playing with me makes me feel sick.
      "Come one! Just a look, you won't tell on me right?"
      "Fine, but if we get caught I'm throwing you under the buss!" 
      I let out a whimper as my mind begins to race. Curling in on myself even more, I try to put as much distance between me and the two creeps as I possibly can.
      "Did you hear that? Is she awake?" I hear one of the men ask and the next second someone is gripping my shoulders, holding me in front of their face. His brown eyes bore into mine with a crazed look. His five o'clock shadow and manic smile gives him the full on creep look.
      "Well, look what we have here. The little slut is finally awake, are you ready to play?" He sneers at me.
      "Go to hell." I whisper, my voice hoarse from lack of water. He just laughs at me.
      "Oh baby, we're already there."

Jordan's POV
      I squeeze the bridge of my nose in annoyance as the detective tells me the same thing I've been hearing for the past 3 days. They're doing the best they can, stay calm, let them do their job. If they were doing their damn job, I would have Katie back in my arms already!
    I feel a hand make it's way to my back, guiding me out of the police station. "We need to go home and get some rest." Douglas says, his tone tired, defeated. "How can I possibly get some rest knowing she's out there all alone, probably being..." I trail off, not being able to finish the sentence.

"Look, I feel the exact same way that you do. I would give up everything to have her again. We need to rest because I've got a plan. Since the police are "doing their best" and still coming up empty it's up to us." He explains. "So after we go home, shower, eat, and rest well talk about my plan and start tomorrow."  He leaves no room for argument as he gets into the car. I follow his       lead and get into the passenger seat.
---
       As I lay in bed that night, it feels emptier than ever even though Douglas is right beside me.  We're both awake, but we don't say anything or rather can't find any words. Before we met Katie, I didn't realize how cold this house was. Katie made it a home, something worth coming back to day after day.
       Me and Douglas hadn't been with anyone else since before college, and even then we had only went on a few dates. With her, I forgot what it was like to be lonely. I sigh and roll onto my side facing the wall. Whatever Douglas's plan is, it better be good.
      The next morning I wake to Douglas calling my name. Anxious to hear what his plan is, I throw off the covers and go straight down stairs. Scattered across the dining room table are papers on top of papers and photos.
"Where did you get all of this from?"
"I may or may not have slipped it from the police station." He shrugs his shoulders.

      "So what is this plan you have."  I set down in the chair next to him.
      "Okay, so I'm almost positive that Katie's dad was in serious debt with these people" he starts, pointing to a picture of some shady looking men standing in a tight circle on the corner of a street. "The good news is that I've figured out who they are and where they could be, the bad news is that they are omega traffickers." My blood runs cold at his revelation.
      "What if they've already sold her! Well never get her back! F uck!" I abruptly get up and slam the chair back into its place, anger seething from my veins.
      "Hey! You need to chill out, you acting like that isn't going to help!"
      "Well excuse me for being angry! Our mate is gone and we might never get her back!" I turn to walk away but he grabs my shoulder and turns me back around.
      "I know that, and I'm trying to do something about it so shut up and sit down so I can tell you what we're going to do!"
      "Fine. " I grumble and pull the chair out to sit.
      "Okay, so this is where the auctions they hold take place," Douglas slides a picture of a warehouse to me. " I say that we find out when the next auction is and try to buy her back."
      "That's is? That's your whole plan?" I scoff.
     "Well do you have a better one? I didn't think so." He says after I don't reply. I guess his plan is better than nothing, but there are so many unknowns aspects that make me uneasy. What if she is already gone? What if we can't find out when an auction is in time? What if they don't even have her in the first place? 
       "Well, I'll see if I can find any information, you pack a bag or two with anything we might need." I tell Douglas, hoping for the best.