Chapter 25

I took a deep breathe and walked downstairs. The sound of their obnoxious laughter made me sick to my stomach.

Asher will protect me. I just need to keep those words in my head and nothing will go wrong.

I took a deep breathe and walked down stairs trying not to trip over my own feet just from being so nervous.

The sooner I get down there the sooner I will be able to get back up here.

Once I got down the steps I went straight to the kitchen to get them beers. But before I could get there Bill shouted "Taylor!"

I froze in fear. Why can't I at least get them bear first so they can't get mad right away. I slowly turned around to see a annoyed Bill and one of his gross friends from work who was currently taking his time looking at my body.

"Why didn't you change?" he said through his teeth.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a deep breath. "I didn't see what was wrong with what I'm wearing now" I said quietly.

He sighed in annoyance, and with that I knew he would punish me later. "Go get us some more fucking beers." he said with so much hatred and annoyance I flinched.

I nodded and hurried to the kitchen, while I was walking there Bill's gross friend stood up and followed after me. My eyes went wide with fear but I didn't stop walking straight to the kitchen. My breathing was getting choppy because I know that he was following me. I just want Asher. I just want to spend time with him. Why does life have to be so fucking complicated?

Once I got to the kitchen I went straight to the fridge to get the beers. I opened the refrigerator's door to see probably fifty cans of beer and one of the small cartons of milk and another small carton of eggs. The only reason the milk and eggs are there is because I bought them to cook with. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. He was about my height, which is pretty short in my opinion if you are a guy.

Instead of bending over to get the beers, which I think he wanted, I just bent my legs and went down to quickly grab the beers. Once they were in my arms I quickly stood up to squeeze by but he had other plans. He put his arms around my waist and pushed me against his beer belly.  I squeezed my eyes shut and my bottom lip started to quiver. I tried to get out of his arms but he just held me tighter.

"Why don't we go upstairs so we can get you changed into something your father will like more?" I could smell the alcohol in his breath.  He held me even tighter right under my ribs, so tight that it was hurting to breath to hard.

I turned my head a little and looked down only to see a box cutter in his pocket. Just great.  I slowly nodded and as soon as I did I heard him chuckle. He let go of my waist which made me sigh in relief but was quickly replaced with a cut off breath because he then tightly grabbed my forearm pulling to the stairs.

Asher please help me. I set the beers down on the counter and reluctantly followed him up the stairs. He went in front of me so he was basically yanking my arm out of the socket if I didn't follow fast enough.

I just want Asher. He would never touch me this roughly. Once we were up the steps he went straight to my room. How does he know where my room is? Oh my god.

Once we were in my room he finally let go of his tight grip on my arm and sat on my bed. "Why don't you get changed and then I'll choice what you put on." I froze and my breathing got sharp.

Where is Asher? I need him.  But what could he do to help?

I stood there frozen in the middle of my room with him laying back in my bed watching me impatiently. He started to look annoyed, he stood up which pulled me out of my trance. I backed up which caused him to walk closer to me until I was pushed against my dresser. He took the knife out of his pocket and the blade came out, he put it up to my collarbone. My breathing got rough and sharper as I was all to aware of the blade touching me.

All of the sudden the blade moved. But away from me and by the look on his face he wasn't the one to cause it. We were alone in the room but the blade was moving towards him even though I could tell he was using all of his strength to make it go towards me. It started to move faster towards him until it was touching his neck. He started to walk backwards, trying to create more space between himself and the blade.

I was still frozen against the dresser watching the scene unfold in front of me. All of the sudden the force against the blade stopped and he threw it to the floor. There was a tension filled silence that was quickly replaced by a quick scream by me when the power went out.

He was here. I don't know where but Asher was in my room. Which I was relieved for but terrified that he entered after what just happened. My room was pitch black besides the moon light coming through the room. I quickly looked to my left to see Asher with his eyes pitch black walking towards he greasy middle aged man on my bed.

The power raiding off him was intoxicating, almost so intoxicating that I didn't grab Asher's arm.  As soon as I grabbed it the power went down a good 80%. I ignored the sparks I got from touching him and lightly pulled his arm towards me. He looked at me with such a warn down look. Like you could tell he was holding himself back.

"Let's go" I quietly whispered.

He nodded and we reluctantly walked away from the terrified man. Asher put his arm around my waist and opened the window.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I am so so so so so sorry for taking a million years to update.

My boyfriend was here from England so I was distracted :P (insert heart eyes)

I'm going to Estonia in two weeks for ten days, so I'll try to update before I leave :)