Life in the Flames-17

Hello my amazingly dedicated readers, first off I would just like to say sorry for taking so long. It has been way way way too long for me to  have upload. I’m sorry that it has taken me this long to post and I really hope it won’t happen again. I’d also like to say thank you for being so patient with me through the no posting period of time. And for all of you who are reading I’d just like to say thank you and I really hope you like it. Your support, comments, and votes are greatly appreciated. Enjoy! ~Morgan =)

Chapter 17

Cyclone

Reid's POV

My statement hung heavily unanswered in the silence filled boiling hot air of the desert. The blue-eyed water wielder who had approached me held my gaze as I saw her mind start to work. She held her strong stance and an air of authority hung around her. I could see I was making her slightly uncomfortable but she hid it well.

Her acquaintances behind her were not as unreadable as she was. The other young woman water wielder eyes went straight to mine and I could see the fear blossom across her face. The three men on the other hand all changed their stances to be ready to attack with hands ready to grab a weapon or to be ready to move the water right behind us. Their blue shaded eyes showed nothing but anger towards me.

The woman in charge noticed my gaze flickering over to her company so she turned and gestured for them to stand down. The men glared at me before they took a step back and took their hands off of their weapons, listening to her order.

“Who are you?” she asked with a hint of a southerner’s accent in her stern voice.

“I am Reid Flarion, prince of the fire kingdom,” I said still down on my knees in the surrender position.

Her eyes about popped out of her head as she lost her control when she heard my title, “You- you’re- the prince?”

I nodded and stood up on my feet.

“But what are you doing out here in the Tritan Desert?”

“I can ask you the same exact thing,” I said wanting answers.

“Serra, we can’t be out here much longer. The raiders are going to be starting their rounds soon,” the frightened girl said to the woman she called Serra in front of me.

Serra warily checked her surroundings, judged the falling afternoon sun, and gave her men orders, “Jeza and Neal get the horses and their equipment. Dez and Jarren blind fold them and hand them the rope so they can keep up.”

“Excuse me?” Breezy asked as I remembered she and Thorin were still behind me, “Miss Serra where are you taking us?”

“To the Oasis. Wait an air wielder?” Serra asked as she saw Breezy’s golden eyes and while her troupe gathered our things. “Why are you traveling amongst two fire wielders?”

“We are trying to rescue my friend, she was kidnapped by the earth wielders.”

Just at the mention of “earth wielder” every single water wielder stopped and a scowl formed on their faces. You could feel the hatred in the air towards the earth elementals.

“Kidnapped? What would earth wielders want with an air or fire wielder when the want to keep their race pure?” Serra asked with disgust.

I was about to answer her inquiry but Thorin cut in before I could, “They have kidnapped Alonia Seaream.”

…..

Alonia's POV