Life in the Flames-8

Hiya everyone! Here is Chapter 8! Hope you guys enjoy it and if you do remember to comment, fan and press that little orange button right over there <<<= Thanks ~Morgan =)

Chapter 8 

Feel the Heat 

...

 I was training again. My small ten-year-old self sat crisscrossed as I cupped my hands bringing dripping, jiggling orb of water out of the green mossy pond. A smile crept up my face as I had mastered the new skill. I tried to hold it with one hand but the orb's form wavered and burst like a bubble.  

"Hey there squirt!" my father called as he approached me where I sat by the small pond I had found when the tribe had stopped traveling for the evening. "Are you training again?" he asked. 

I dropped my connection with the water from the pond and took a deep breath to ward off the tired feeling I got every time I would wield. "Yes father. You should have seen what I just done!" I said with a proud smile. 

My father was only thirty-two at the time and he was already the chief of the Northern water tribe. He was very brilliant, a great leader, and got along with everyone in the tribe. His sea green eyes were cheerful and inviting to anyone he met. His strong face matched his muscular build that showed through the simple white shirt and breeches he was wearing.  

He knelt down on the ground beside me, nudging me playfully to scoot over a bit, and then cupped one hand towards the pond. Out shot a giant sphere of water that made the entire pond shrink from loosing it. The water was murky green and as I stared into the giant orb of water I saw a small fish swim by. 

I looked between my father and the ball with a large smile plastered across my face. I clapped my hands and said, "Father that is so hard to do! How do you make it look so easy?" 

He chuckled and slowly lowered the water back into the lacking pond. "Years and years of practice my dear," he said as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Oh your mother told me to come fetch you for dinner." 

"I'm not hungry, I want to do what you did," I said as I turned my back on him and felt for my power inside me. 

Suddenly he grabbed me from behind, flipped me around, and tossed me over his shoulder. I wiggled and laughed trying to get loose of his firm grip, "Let me go!" 

"I told her I'd get you," he said laughing and I gave up with a sigh.

..........

I opened my eyes and sat up with a yawn. The early morning sun poked up over the horizon of the city through the window of our room. The light entered the room and I felt happy to see the sunlight again. 

I scooted over to the edge of the bed and slipped on my sandals before I got up to walk over to the mirror in the corner of the room. 

My own reflection scared myself. I was covered in a film of dirt and soot from battle and the cells. My hair was in a tangled mess and dark circles hung beneath my blue eyes. I sighed at the fabrics of my outfit that was so worn from the last few days that I probably would never be able to wear it again. Then I wiggled my finger through the small burn hole at my thigh. The circle around my neck seemed to laugh at my face. Desperately I tried to find a seam to pry it off, but no luck. I muttered angrily and shuddered at the feeling of my emptiness. 

Then a muffled sound came from under Breezy's covers. I walked over and pulled the sheet back to reveal Breezy curled up clutching Thorin's cloak to her chest and her red hair spread out in a fan around her. 

"Breezy." 

No response. 

"Breezy," I said raising my voice.