Life in the Flames-2

Thanks for reading everyone! So you see that little orange button right over there? Yes this one <<<<<= all it takes is one little click ;) Thanks! Hope you enjoy reading!

Chapter 2
-The Collar -

When I finally came back to my senses I knew I was in trouble.

I opened my eyes and sat bolt upright from a suspended hammock in a small dark room. The hammock swayed beneath me not because of my movement, but because of the movement of the ship.

One small circular window was allowing in enough light for me to make ou nothing more than the hammock and door in the tiny space. I walked over and looked out to see nothing but leagues of white capped blue waves. My entire body screamed wanting to get out onto the deck just to feel the sea spray against my skin.

The squeaking from the hinges of the door had me spinning on my heels to see a young blond haired girl with fair skin in a brown dress and a food smeared apron. In her hands she held a delicate looking box with orange ribbon tied in a bow.

She smiled at me and I saw her red tinted eyes; the mark of all fire wielders identities were seen from either red, orange, or black eyes. "I brought you a change of clothing. I'm sorry if it isn't of your taste but I think it should fit you. Oh, before I go, I'm sorry to say but you must put on the collar to be able to come out on deck."

"Collar? What are you talking about?" I asked completely confused.

She sighed and I could feel the heat radiating off her body. I had never met a fire wielder before, but I was told they sucked the moisture out of any room by just standing in it. Her presence alone made my skin crawl and itch wanting the moisture back.

"It's to prevent your connection with the water. I'm sorry but we cannot risk having you aboard a fire wielding ship to be able to use their powers. It will not harm you, I promise but it is the only way you can come out on deck to insure everyone's safety," she said nervously, "Oh and there is food out waiting for you miss."

She came over and sat the box down beside me on the hammock and then disappeared out the door. I quickly untied the orange ribbon and opened the box. My eyes could not believe what that little boxed contained.

The fabrics were both sheer and solid with hues of blues of all shades. The top part of the outfit had dark royal blue silk which covered my chest and ended right above my navel leaving my midriff exposed. Two royal blue thin straps ran over my shoulders connected to the body of the top and had sheer sky blue puffy sleeves that gathered at my wrists. The pants were the solid royal blue but were soft, silky, and flowed when I walked. Then to complete it all was a gold headband with a sapphire that met in the middle of my forehead and a golden belt that had the sky blue sheer fabric draping over my legs as it added a pop of color to the pants by giving it a skirt-like look.

Then I looked back into the bottom of the box and saw the collar. Just looking at the deep sea-blue colored leather strap that contained a dark onyx stone set in the center sent chills down my spine.

I didn't want to go near it.

My entire body was screaming NO, but I could feel how exhausted I was from using so much power during the siege, and my stomach grumbled mercilessly. I had to figure out my situation and where these fire benders were taking me.

I picked it up and tied it around my neck, it fit like a choker necklace. The instant I took my hands from the straps it felt like my power, my second being, was pushed just out of my reach. It felt like an invisible wall was built inside of me where I couldn't reach my power that resided throughout my entire body. I felt empty, completely detached from my element.