Chapter 4

Kyra

I was working when my phone rang and Aayushman called me to meet him on his cabin. After our long ass discussion about 'us' we decided to stay together for a few months on my penthouse which I got a few months ago. I am supposed to move on a few weeks but with the developments of the past few days it seems that I will be moving in soon that too with Aayushman.

I went out of his cabin while smiling a little when Abhimanyu came in front of me and said,"Looks like my bhabhi is happy after spending time with my brother." I glared at him and cursed at him which he heard and replied," Come on don't curse at me end of the day I can be your partner on crime."

I opened my mouth and said,"Ummm tea I just remembered. Can you tell me what your family likes to eat the most? or maybe something that Aayushman likes?" He came near and whispered, "Trust me he is full just by thinking about you." I slapped his hand playfully and went  to the conference room where my colleagues were waiting for me. I went in to see them in a worried state. I asked them what was wrong when Isha, my colleague said, "Well, our design got copied and we have to release the product in a week. The Bernon's released it before us. Now we are trying to figure out the way." I sighed and went to work knowing it was gonna be a long night and I may need to stay at the office. I informed my parents I would be late today and then went to my cabin to work. 

I was evening when I received a call from Aayushman's assistant who was asking for a meeting with the department heads. I went there and I just got to know by looking at Aayushman and Abhimanyu that Aayushman was fuming with rage and Abhimanyu was the calm person. We all gave him the remedies which seem to have comforted him, but he was definitely not looking okay. We were wokring late night. I heard a knock on my cabin I said a small come in when Abhimanyu came inside with a sad face. I stood up and greeted him, "Good evening sir, do you need anything?" 

He looked at me sadly and said,"Drop the formalities Kyra when we are alone. I wanted to ask did you have dinner?" I nodded my head no when he hopefully looked at me and said, "Can you do me a favour?  Aayushman is not ready to eat anything. He is very frustrated and angry. Can you go and have food with him? He is not listening to me and is troubling himself. I have not seen him happier for the past 3 years, till you entered his life now. PLEASE!" I widened my eyes and said, "Well I don't know yaar. Will he listen to me?  Okay I'll try but don't know if i'll succeed. You have your food too. I'll order something for aayushman and me." 

He smiled and left my cabin. Once the food got delivered, I took it secretly, without letting anyone know to Aayushman's cabin. "Hey are you free for a few minutes?" He looked up at me and went to turn back his head to the computer screen. "You know right it's gonna be okay. And we do have the copyright. I just hope that you don't stress out due to this. It has happened for a few times before and you don't need to be worried. I understand that the Bernon's are shit but we are behaving smartly. So I don't think it is that bad or something. Work is not important than your health. You need to take care of yourself so you can trash the Bernon's so yea. And your brother was on the verge of crying cause you weren't eating and I was worried too after he told me. At least don't make him worried. "

He looked at me with doe eyes and said, " I'm sorry for making you both worried. I promise not to skip my meals anymore and thank you for comforting me and behaving with me patiently." I smiled at him and said, "Well, lets have food before it gets cold. I ordered chinese takeout from your favorite joint. And you can talk to me whenever you feel like talking. I'm a call away." We talked for some time on random topics and got to know each other a little muhc more. I was almost done when I got a call from Isha saying that they all were back from dinner and were waiting for m in the team meeting room. I got to leave when Aayushman got up and came near me. He asked, "Can I hug you probably? You can say no. I don't want to make you uncomfortable." 

I looked up at him and pulled him in my embrace. It felt so right that I couldn't explain in words how it felt. he wrapped his hand after a few seconds around me. We were like that for a minute or so when like a maniac Abhimanyu came inside without knocking. I almost pushed away Aayushman in embarrassment and blushed. "Start knocking idiot. Trust me when you find someone for yourself I'm not sparing you.", Aayushman said in a sharp voice. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I just came here to inform you that the issue is sorted, and we can go home.", he said while yawning with a tired face. 

Aayushman said with astonishment, "Really!? What did you do?" "I just played back. I told them to negotiate with us over the copyright and we have designed another product which we can release next week so no worries." Aayushman nodded a okay and turned back to me and said,"Well how did you get to work today?" "Aarav and Elena dropped me. We had gone out for a coffee this morning.", I replied while replying to a text on my phone. "I'll drop you home?", he asked me but I replied," Okay, you can drop me but, you would need to drop me at Aarav's house as Elena, Aarav and I are having a sleepover. And maybe if you are interested you can join in too. And I can introduce you too. "  

"I'm okay with it. I'll join you too.!, he said excitedly like a child. I giggled and then went out to my cabin to pack up. We dropped Abhimanyu who was very sleepy at their house and then drove off to Aarav's house. I rang the bell and Elena opened the door with a smile on her face. I threw myself on her and hugged her tightly who hugged me back while laughing.

 I pulled out of the hug and held Ayushman's hand to get him inside. "Kyra are you here? Where is this dude you were talking about non-stop for the entire morning today. I swear to god I need to give him a test and if I approve off him only then you can date.", Aarav screamed from his gaming room while coming outside . Aayushman and I giggled while looking at each other. He looked at the both of us and screamed on top of his lungs, "DON'T TELL ME YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT HIM!"

I looked at Aayushman and said, "Well, there's more beef to it. We got to know today that were arranged to get married from childhood. So we decided that we will inform our parents that we would live in my apartment for a few months and then decide if we wanna get married or no  Like I am definitely not going to commit to anyone without knowing them. Considering my past unwanted experiences with guys. Gonne tell our parents tomorrow." I gave them a sheepish smile which they gave back to me. "Wait firstly I still don't believe you are doing this. Not that I don't support you but it's weird considering both of your history's in dating and what happened later on, and I don't want both of my best friends to be hurt.", said Aarav while looking at Aayushman and me.

"Aarav we have taken this decision after thinking about it. And we definitely are not forcing ourselves into this. And I have a gut feeling that we will work out." , Aayushman said while looking at Aarav and held my hand during the last sentence, which made me blush. As usual my other bestie, Elena caught me and started squealing. I gave her a playful slap to which she reacted dramatically. The rest of the night we had a can of beer while talking and watching a horror movie. 

 .