Chapter 7: School's Out

Ghost POV

I walk into John's apartment the next day, holding my phone to my ear, "You've been getting off early a lot the past few days" Price says in my ear. I let out a silent sigh, "This is the second time" I say calmly. "You involved with someone?" Price asks, I pause, "Just a friend" I respond, keeping my normal tone. I hear Price let out a hearty chuckle, "Ghost you're a lieutenant, the amount of time you spent at work is already abnormal, nice that you've found a someone to distract you from it" Price says.

"Heard, Captain" I say, trying to end the conversation, Price laughs again. "Ok ok one more question, is she cute?" Price says. I let out a loud groan of annoyance, "Goodbye Price" I say, hanging up the call, putting my phone away. I continue to walk through the building, earlier today John texted me.

After what happened yesterday, I didn't expect him to be serious about this, but here I am. I walk up to his door, knocking on it, I feel a flutter feeling in my stomach. Just a friend.

Soap POV

I walk over to the door, opening it, I look up and see Simon without a mask. "You always early?" I ask, he nods silently, Well that's good. I step out, locking the door behind me, "I can drive us" Simon offers. I turn to him shocked a bit, "You want us to take, your car?" I say in disbelief. "Truck to be exact" Simon says, starting to walk away, with his hands in his pockets.

I walk next him, he seems normal in his speech, and mannerisms. As if he wasn't thinking about what happened last night, No, fuck, don't think about it.... Should I bring that up? Simon opens the door, walking through, I follow, entering the parking garage. I walk over to my car, "Hyundai SUV huh? What is that a 2013, 2014?" Simon asks. 

I smirk at his cocky remark, opening the backseat, "It gets me to and from work, and it fits the carseat" I rebut. I take the seat, I look to Simon who has a confused look on his face. "Questions?" I ask, he offers his hand out, wanting to carry it for me, I wave him off. "Is the seat difficult to install?" Simon asks, I lock my car, "I've been a father for almost 5 years, so no                                      , but as they get older the seats get smaller so nothing to worry about" I say.

Simon unlocks his car, which is closer than I expected it to be, I walk over to it, examining it. I tilt my head toward him, "You know what they say about people with over sized cars" I say. He opens the back seat, turning to me "That they're one of the few cars that a 6'4 man can fit into" Simon says. I nod in agreeance, "Point made" I say, I walk over to the car, starting to install it. 

Ghost POV

I watch John as he leans into the car, I feel my chest start to beat, I turn away. Ghost, the hell are you doing, I look around the parking garage, just cars no people. Just look at the cars, I start to think back to what Price said. Someone to distract me, Why do I need distracting? I work hard at what I do, for all it's worth, my job is keeping me from doing what I want. Day drinking

"Simon, I need help buckling this in, can you help me?" John asks, I turn, he's still bent in the car. I rub my fingers together roughly, What I want, I walk over looking past him, into the back seat. He shows me the seat belt, "All your seatbelts back here are pretty loose, what should I do about this?" He asks. 

"Yeah, I've had this car for a minute now, these seatbelts are useless if you don't know how to work it" I explain. Reaching over him, I grab the straps, putting the buckles together. "There it goes" I say, placing my hands on the side of the door. John scoots back out of the car, his back hitting my chest.

I look down at him, our eyes meet again, "You.. Should get that fixed" John says. I step back, unblocking him from the car, "I should" I say. John turns away letting out a cough, "Lets get going" he says, closing the backseat door. I nod, walking around the car getting in the front seat, This is fine. Why do I feel nervous around you?