Chapter 13: Hangover

Soap POV

I open my eyes, immediately feeling the sun in my face, and apparently a new headache. I'm on.. The couch? I pick my head off of the seat, wiping the drool off my face. I look around, At least I somehow made it home, I sit up, resting my hand on my head. "Mornin'" I quickly turn my head to the sound, I let out a relieved sound, "Simon?" I say confused.

He's sitting down at the kitchen table, writing something "What.. Are you doing?" I ask, I stand walking over to him. "My job, being a lieutenant doesn't mean I can fuck around all the time" Simon says, moving onto the next paper. I nod, "Uh huh, What are you doing.. In my house I mean" I ask. He looks up to me, "You brought me that drink you offered, and while I believed it, not all Scotts can handle their liquor" He jokes.

I rest my head back, Got drunk, I walk over to the sink, smelling my own breath. "The fuck-" I say, "You also threw up" Simon says, I turn to him. "Where?" I ask, he looks up at me, Probably realizing that I don't remember what I did last night. "In the trash, which I threw away earlier" Simon says, going back to his papers.

Got drunk, threw up, I hang my head letting out a groan of disappointment. "Sorry.. You said earlier? What time is it?" I ask. He looks at his watch, "Almost 12" he says, "Have you been here the entire time?" I ask. He stands from the table, patting my back as he walks past me, he opens the fridge taking out a bag and a coffee. "Meant to give to you earlier, but you were sleep" Simon says.

I take the coffee and bag, "Rich and Fresh Coffee?" I say, looking up at him. "Is this the expensive coffee place?" I ask, "If I say no will you eat it?" Simon asks, setting the cup on the counter. "I'll eat it either way but if I get food poisoning I'm paying that guy a visit" I say, opening the bag. Got drunk, threw up, got coffee, "Do you remember anything from last night? Or this morning more rather?" Simon asks.

I think for a second, "Lime flavored ice..." I say confused. What the hell does that even mean? Lime, ice... Ice... I quickly lift up my shirt, looking for scars. I feel around, No stiches, I relax, letting out a sigh of relief. Simon look confused, "Was that a scottish thing or?" Simon asks, I chuckle, "Making sure you didn't take my kidney" I say. He lets out a hearty laugh, taking the coffee drinking it himself.

"Don't give me ideas" he says, walking back over to the table, Drunk, threw up, almost got coffee. I walk over sitting across from him, I watch him as he starts through his papers again, under his eyes look dark. Almost as if he didn't sleep, "You're staring Johnny" Simon says, it shocks me how he notices me staring when he doesn't even look up.

"Did I do anything last night?"

Ghost POV

I pause, "We went to a bar and you got drunk, other than that, just your usual scottish ramblings" I respond casually. I move my eyes to him, he's leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed, "Yeah, but did I say anything.. Out of the ordinary?" he asks. Shit, You talked with Gaz and Price a bit, I didn't hear your conversation cause I went out to get some air" I say.

"Do you remember anything you said last night? Like anything Price could have asked" I ask, he think for a second. "All I remember is him asking about Maddison, I think we got into that but I don't really recall, and you" John states. He looks at me, waiting for me to fill the holes in his story with information I don't have.

"Me?" I question confused, he adjusts in his chair, "Yeah, you came up a lot now that I think about it" John says. This is fine, "Right, you got a call earlier" I say, putting down my work. "If it was scam likely, I'd rather not hear about it" he says. "No, from Lydia" I say, John tenses, his eyes shift around, "Why?" he asks nervously.

"She wanted to invite us over for dinner, says that she wants to apologize to me" I say, John scoffs. "Surprised she didn't let her lawyer handle it, why is she inviting us for that? Couldn't she do it over the phone?" John asks. He stands, grabbing the coffee I stole back, taking the lid off and drinking it. "Said that it didn't sit well with her" I say, John lets out a loud laugh, "A lot of things don't sit well with her, not abuse apparently" John says.

He slams down the paper cup, hanging his head over the counter, "I didn't mean to say that.. Sorry" John says. I stand walking over to him, leaning back on the counter, "It's fine" I say, "It's not" John replies. He lets out a stressed sigh, he looks up over to me, "Got drunk with Gaz and Price, said some shit, you took me home, I threw up, Lydia invited us for dinner, got coffee, is that right?" John explains.

"Key parts yeah" I respond, "Am I missing anything that I should know?" he asks, Your golden boy... Your Simon... "Do you want to know how much the drink you ordered me was?" I ask. He lets out a groan, "How much?" he asks, I chuckle. "Free, I paid for it" I say, he hits my arm, I laugh, "Anything else?" he asks. I look in his eyes, they look worried, almost guilty of what he said.

Your golden boy, "Nothing else" I say, he smiles a bit, looking me up and down. "Next time I'm getting you drunk and we're gonna end up at your house" John says. Taking the snack I got for him "Dinner?" I question, "I'll see what time she wants us over" he walks into the next room.

Soap POV

I close my bedroom door, I throw the bag on my bed, laying back on it. My headache reminding me of its presence, been so long since I last got drunk, apparently during my sobriety my tolerance went to shit. I groan, Between Lydia's outburst, and  wanting to host dinner, she's doing something. I reach over for my snack, taking it out of the bag, Croissant breakfast sandwich.

I hold it in my hand, looking it over, When we got divorced we never hung out together after. I look to the roof, Being that I didn't want to be around her, made it perfect... But why is she doing this now?

A small but courageous time skip!

We Arrive at Lydia's house, well our old house, seeing it in person makes me uneasy. Being that the last time I was here, it was to pick up my stuff. I hate this house, "Johnny?" Simon says, I turn to him "You alright?" he asks. "It's just been a minute since I've been here" I say, stepping out of the car. I walk around, adjusting my shirt, "Feeling ok?" Simon asks.

I look back up to him,  I give him a trying smile, "Feeling good enough to be here" I say. He grabs my wrist pulling me back to him, "Anytime you want to leave-" I roll my eyes, taking my arm back. "Just tell you, I understand, lets just get this over with" I say, I walk over to the door.

I stand at the door, I reach for the doorhandle, stopping before I touch it. Habit, I knock on the door, "Nice house" Simon says. "Thanks, it was a gift from my parents" I say, nervously tapping my foot. Simon looks at me confused, I look over to him, "Wedding gift" I clarify.

I feel him tap my side with the back of his hand, I look at him, he points to my foot. I stop tapping, "Thank you" I say, I hear footsteps behind the door, opening it. Behind the door is Maddison, "DADDY!" Maddison yells, she runs into my arms, hugging me.

"Hi Maddie bear!" I say, picking her up kissing her cheeks, she looks behind me and notices Simon. "GHOST!" Maddison says, with even more excitement, I turn to him. "Hi Maddison" Simon says, I put her down, she runs over to him, grabbing his hand. She starts to pull him into the house, he looks at me, for some sort of permission to enter.

Maddie lives here, not me, but this looks like permission to me. I grab his free hand, pulling Simon into the house, closing the door behind him. I follow behind them, looking around the halls, things aren't much different than when I was here. Same walls, same tables, same decorations, same pictures... Same pictures?

I stop by a table, picture frames cover the top, Pictures of Lydia, Maddison baby photos, picnic of Lydia, Maddison... And me? I pick up the picture frame, looking it over. She still has this up? I put it down, feeling the wood of the table, Why? "For Maddison's sake.." a voice says.

I turn towards the front door, my eyes widen, Shit, "Benjamin.."

{SHUT UP SHUT UP, I got the chapter out and that's all that matters, I watching YOU still, season 4 is getting kind of interesting, the person who I thought it was doesn't seem possible anymore. ANYWAY, hope you enjoyed!}