Chapter 8: Mid-day Arguments

Soap POV

SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK SAY NO, Simon furrows his brow a bit, quickly returning to his stagnant face. "Ok, tell me what's on your mind" he says confidently, FOR FUCKS SAKE. I intertwine my fingers together, "Well it was.. Something" I say nervously. All of sudden my mind goes blank, What the fuck do I ask? "I... Enjoyed it" Simon says, I quickly turn my head to him, shocked. 

"Oh" I say, He.. Liked it, I watch as he furrows his brow again "Not like a bad 'Oh', more of a surprised one, I didn't realized that you liked it" I say. "Did you not?" Simon asks, "No, well yes, but no, it was impulsive of me and I'm sorry" I say. I look over to him, he stays quiet continuing to drive, Ok then. 

"It's just, I'm still trying to shake off my divorce, and I just got this job, which I should say thank you for helping me with" I say. Simon still quiet, "And Maddison.. I'm still dealing with the courts trying to take everything I don't have from me, and yeah I enjoyed it but I'm not really looking for anything like that right now". 

Am I talking too much?  The car turns into my parking garage, Ghost parks the car. Why isn't he saying anything, "Simon?" I say, he keeps his hands on the wheel, not looking in my direction. "Is that what you want?" He asks. "Yeah" I respond, he starts to unbuckle his seatbelt, "Then we can be friends" he says, getting out of the car.

Friends? I hop out, Simon opens the backseat for me to get Maddison, "We're friends now?" I ask. Simon leans on the car crossing his arms, "If we're not let me know so I can change my password" he says. I let out a chuckle, I start to unbuckle Maddison, who's still sleeping in her carseat. "And if we're not friends I could send you an invoice for the other day" Simon says watching me take out Maddison from the car.

"Whoa now-" I say, Simon lets out a soft chuckle, I roll my eyes. I place Maddison in Simon's arms. "Well while I take out the seat you can hold her" I say, he takes her, allowing her to cling onto him, resting her head on his shoulder. I unbuckle the seat, taking it out of the car, I look to Simon, who's lightly swaying, keeping his focus on Maddison.

I smile, You're safe, as long as I'm around, Simon looks up to me. I scoff lightly, "You're pretty good at that" I say. "I'm just following what I've seen you do" Simon says, What I do, I close the backseat, walking over. I place my hand on Maddison's face, caressing her cheek with my thumb, "I.. Trust you" I say.

I look up to Simon, who's already staring at me, "I trust you around her" I say. Simon furrows his brow, "Is this a friend trust or is this-" I scoff at his remark. My phone starts ringing, I check it, Lydia. I let out a loud sigh and answer, "Do you have my fucking daughter? Where are you?" Lydia says.

She doesn't sound happy, "My day is going great thanks for asking, I brought Maddison to my house since you didn't pick up". "Cut the fucking attitude, we're around the corner, don't move" Lydia says. "We're? Who are you.. Andd she hung up" I turn to Simon, "Wanna meet Lydia again?" I ask.

"Telling by how my first impression went, is this going to be any better than that" he asks. Most likely not, maybe worse, or she might of had a change of heart!... No point in lying to myself. A car turns into the garage, I watch them park a few spots down from us. 

Lydia hops out of the passenger seat, looking down at her phone, "This whole co-parent bullshit is taking years out of me, I swear" Lydia says. She looks up, quickly taking notice of us, her expression changes quickly. Here we go, She angrily starts walking over.

"What the fuck is this?" Lydia yells out, I speed over to her, shushing her. "Maddison is trying to sleep" I say, she looks past me to Simon, "You and your fuck buddy playing house with my daughter now?" Lydia says in a quieter tone. Her comment irritates me, "We are friends, and I wasn't going to leave our daughter at school cause you couldn't pick up your phone" I rebut.