Chapter 15: The World Through Her Eyes

Ghost POV

I'm sitting on the couch, Maddison in front of me telling me about what's she's done today. All while next to me, this Ben guy quietly stands, watching our interaction. I also stay quiet, never really knowing how to respond to her small tagents. Topics containing either why she instead likes the color yellow over blue or why she thinks her classmates like each other.

Her reasons give me a lot to think about, for example, one of her reasons for yellow being better than blue is that, In quote; "Daddy's favorite color is yellow, and yellow is the color of the sun, and I love daddy like I love the sun". It makes sense, she loves him like the sun, and from what I've seen, he loves her like how the sun loves the earth, several times over.

Shining brightly across the terrain, showing her that when the sun shines, everything grows.  Even in the night the sun still shines, allowing the earth to sleep peacefully under the soft light of the moon. She wants to be like the sun, optimistic, warm, and loved... Cause to love and to be loved is like feeling the sun from both sides.

Who am I to you Maddison? Being that Johnny's the sun and you're the earth, who is your moon? I smirk softly at the thought, no longer listening to her words, on how she had the greatest project in her class nor the twenty new friends she's made on a field trip. Instead, the world you've created in your mind, could I be your moon Maddison?

"Maddie! Come help mommy in the kitchen" Lydia yells from a different room. Right, Lydia is your moon, or is she also your sun? Suddenly everything is real, there isn't a sun, earth, nor moon, there's only me... And You, Maddison happily runs off, leaving me with, him. "Wow" Ben sounds, I turn to him, he's looking at me almost bewildered. "What?" I ask, crossing my arms, "I've only seen her act that way with Soap and Lydia" Ben says, sitting in a chair.

"You're an interesting character for sure" Ben says, I stay quiet. I sit back on the couch, "Earlier when I asked you what You did, I'm no expert in reading lips, so if you could tell me again" Ben asks. I shift my eyes over to him, "Unalive people" I say calmly. He nods, leaning back in his chair, "How long have you been doing that?" Ben asks.

"Long enough to be good at it" I respond, "Must be a while for sure haha... How long have you known Soap?" Ben ask, I let out a silent breath. There it is, it's clear that you're looking for something. I look away, annoyed, then I see him. Johnny, he's covering his face going into the hall. "Simon?" I feel a little bit of anger rise in me, I slowly turn my head to him.

Don't kill him, "What?" I respond, "How'd you meet Soap?" Ben asks. Soap? "You mean Johnny?" I ask, he chuckles, "Yeah, Johnny, everyone calls him Soap though" Ben says. I stay quiet, allowing him to talk, "I've been with Lydia for a minute now, I'm still trying to adjust to this lifestyle, I mean a kid? It changes your perspective for sure".

He lets out sigh, "Can I tell you something?" Ben asks, No, I turn my head to him. "I love Lydia to death, but Maddison... Is a problem" His words anger me. I keep my composure, "I don't know how to be a dad, getting her ready, taking her to school, Lydia says I don't need to do anything but as a male figure in her life how can I show her that I'm present in her life when I don't want to be?".

What the hell is he talking about? I furrow my brow, confused on every reason he's stated. "You probably don't think about things like this, I mean active duty must keep you on your feet, no time to really settle down" Ben says. He averts his eyes for a moment, looking back up at me with a curious look on his face.

"What is going on between you and Soap? From what Lydia tells me, you're around each other quite a bit, are you two-" I stand from the couch. I look down at him for a moment, Fishing for information on me and Johnny, interesting. "Where's the bathroom?" I ask, he stutters a bit before speaking, "It's.. Uh, it's down the hall, 3rd door on the left" Ben says.

I leave the living room, I rub the bridge of my nose, trying to understand anything that I was told. Third door on the left, I look to the door, Closed, great. I lean on the wall next to it, Maddison is with Lydia, Ben is in the living room, where the hell is Johnny? I look to the door, I lightly knock on it. Inside I suddenly hear running water, "Give me a second" John says.

"It's me" I say, the water turns off, silence goes by for a second. The door opens, and John steps out, I look down at the smaller man in front of me. "Hi Simon" John says, avoiding my gaze "Hi Johnny" I say, slightly relieved that I was able to find one of the two people in this house I tolerate. "I know what you're thinking, 'What-are-you-doing-in-the-bathroom-not-doing-anything', I don't really have an answer right now" he rambles.

I place my hand on his shoulder, he stops, looking up at me. "What's going on?" I ask, "Kitchen stuff with Lydia, you?" John asks. "A conversation with Ben" We both let out a sigh, John rubs the back of his neck, leaning on the wall next to me. I watch him, his breathing irregular in his chest. You're worried, he rest his head back on the wall, closing his eyes.

"Ghost? Daddy?" Maddison yells out, I look over to see Maddison running down the hallway towards us. She runs into John, wrapping her arms around him, "Hi daddy!" Maddison says happily. John Smile down at her, picking her up, "Aren't you supposed to be helping mommy? Why are you over here?" John asks, his voice cheery again.

"I'm hiding from mommy" Maddison giggles, I'm sure your strategy of yelling out for John has secured your hiding place. "Ohhh, ok ok so we have to be really quiet, ok? shhh" John whispers, making a shushing motion to both me and Maddison. I look to John, he smiles, looking so lovingly at her. I lift my arm, putting my arm behind him, lightly resting my hand on his hip.

I pull him closer to me, looking back to Maddison, "Ghost are we spies?!" John quickly shushes her. She covers her mouth, "Are we spies?" Maddison asks again quietly, I smile at her. "We can be spies today" I say, John chuckles leaning into me. "John, Maddison, it's almost time for dinner" Lydia yells out from across the house.

Maddison sighs, John gives her a kiss on the cheek setting her down on the floor. I move my hand from his side as he crouches down to her, "I'm gonna talk to Ghost real quick, then we'll be right there" John says. She nods, skipping down the hall away from us.

Soap POV

I can't focus right now, my heart is beating so fast, Deep breath in, deep breath out. I'm too nervous to turn around right now, I said I had to talk to him, but honestly I don't know know what to say. "Johnny" Simon says, his voice sending a shiver down my spine, I turn to look at him, his eyes gloss over mine.

"Yeah?" I ask, turning to him, he looks me over, grabbing my wrist. "You're shaking again" Simon says, his thumb feels against my skin. I take a breath, "Sorry" I say, "It's fine" he responds, "We should get over there" I take my hand back.

I turn walking back into the living room, He's trying to distract me, I think for a moment. A distraction wouldn't be a bad idea right now...

{This was gonna be longer, but I'm also trying to stay on this schedule. hope you enjoyed! OH AND BITCH, I was watching YOU, and it was not who I thought it was gonna be at all, I'm still super confused but holy shit man.}