Chapter 17: Hookers and Daydreams

Ghost POV

The car shakes as I drive onto the driveway, I take out the key looking over to John. He's awake but just sitting there, I get out of the car, he follows. I walk to my front door, pretending to look for my key, When I suggested that we come here, I didn't expect him to say yes. I get the key, unlocking the door, I open it going in first. Clean enough, He enter behind me, closing the door.

In his hands I notice my jacket, holding the fabric as if it would slip out of his hands if he didn't grip onto it. "It's not the best, yet it's mine" I say, and I was right, it was small 1 bedroom, nothing special. "Well as you can see, walking in this is the kitchen/living room" I say. I walk over to the fridge, setting the tupperware inside, looking into the fridge I notice it's nearly empty with only an egg carton and a six pack of beer.

I close the fridge, "I'm not here a lot, so I don't usually keep a lot in it" I say. John looks around, staying quiet, I walk over to door. "This is my bathroom, only one I have" I flick the light on, allowing him to see, turning it off after. I walk over to the next door, "And this is my room, I open the door. My blanket is tossed on the floor, and papers cover my bed, along with a knife with something on it.

I quickly close the door back, John looks at me confused, "I.. Need to clean it, but after that you can use the bed" I say. He takes a deep breath walking back around to explore, I walk in closing the door behind me. I look around and notice a glass of dark liquid sitting next to my bed, along with the bottle next to it with no lid, Just fix a few things.

Soap POV 

I walk into the kitchen, looking around, Chair, table, glass. He clearly lives here by himself, This is new to me, we've always gone to my house so it's comforting to know where he lives. I look around the living room, a two seated couch and another glass, filled with brown liquid. "John" Simon says, I turn to him, he's standing by the room door.

I walk over, entering the room, Bed, table, closet, and a chair facing the window. "You can take the bed if you want" Simon says, I walk over, sitting down on it. Stiff, I look up to him "Where are you going to be?" I ask. He walks over to the chair, turning it to face the bed "Not tired" Simon says. I look back down to his jacket in my lap, Makes sense.

I turn over, laying in the bed, digging my fingers in the blanket. I feel Simon lift  my leg and start taking off my shoes, Right "Sorry" I apologize. He puts them on the floor, "It's fine" he responds. I feel so tired, "Do you.. Have something I can wear?" I ask, he looks at me confused. "These pants aren't the best to sleep in" I say, "Oh.. One second" Simon says.

He walks over to his closet, the sounds of moving hangers rattle, "I.. Have a shirt you could borrow" Simon says, pulling out a plain dark grey shirt. I stand, grabbing it from him, Not that much bigger than my own size. "I can just sleep in my underwear" I say, his eyes widen at my comment. "We're both men here, I'd assume it'd be fine" I say, his eyes shift a bit. "If that's what you want" Simon says.

He walks over to the chair, sitting in it, I make a turning around motion with my finger. He gets up annoyed, "You just said we were both men" He says, facing the wall. "Don't get stabbed" I respond, starting to change. I hear him chuckle, I finish changing, sitting back on the bed. "Ok you're good" I say, he turns back, sitting in his chair.

I feel tired, I lay on my stomach, closing my eyes... It's cold. I open my eyes, Simon is sitting in the chair, writing something down on a piece of paper. I watch him, he's always doing something, never just there. "You're staring Johnny" Simon says, I close my eyes back, sighing. "Do you not like being stared at Simon?" I ask, he looks up from his writing.