Chapter 3

The following day, there were no reports leaked about what happened at Mars, and Venus. There was a complete blackout from every government to hide the truth. Reports varied about something happening that had nothing to do with alien ships.

For me, everything felt normal at the site. There was nothing pressing within about something getting ready to happen. It felt like a normal morning.

An interior wall had just been printed. Hardhats were at our feet, and Mr. Hayes was doing a physical inspection of the work others were doing. It was a good time to bring up God.

It was a little overcast with a bit of a chill in the air. No sunglasses needed to be worn. But were hanging from my shirt pocket. Just because the sun wasn't supposed to break, didn't mean God didn't have other plans.

Zack seemed a bit on edge. I didn't even notice, until he brought it up. It was a subtle edge that was easy to miss.

Zack wasn't smiling, which told me something was off. Had he been like that since we got to the site?

I looked at him with concern. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "I don't know. Something feels off. Can't you feel it?"

That was the next feather God sent that I was oblivious to. There was no moment of contemplation about anything. Just certainty nothing seemed off.

There was no need to think over his words. Everything was normal.

"I can't. Think you might be coming down with something?"

Rather than thinking spiritually, I was thinking physically. Just because I held a belief in God and Jesus that Willie lacked, didn't mean my eyes were more open than his. We both had our minds on earthly things. I just lied to myself about it.

Zack looked up. It wasn't a search for God, but simply his way of clarifying something within himself. Whatever it was, wasn't physical. Was he having a crisis of faith?

His eyes returned to mine. "Nothing like that. I can't explain it. It just feels like something's going to happen." He looked at Willie, before continuing. "And you don't feel anything?"

Willie looked at him with relief, after knowing it wasn't something physical. "I don't. Maybe its stress?"

It was as good an explanation as any. I just wished Zack could've worded it better than he did.

I now know he couldn't have worded it any better. He was being prepared by God. How can that be put into words?

There are no words for it. Having experienced it for myself once I truly turned to God. It's a sense that something was going to happen with no idea what it was, until it happened.

Looking at Zack with an idea. "When did it start?"