Chapter 27

Arrangements to land for two people, one representative from each species, happened within hours after the conference ended. The Alruinians were sending Cranoth who had yellow skin, and the Viridians were sending Deringia who had red hair on green flesh with blue eyes.

Tensions were high on ships, and tyrannical governments, alike. The firing of a single weapon would bring war to Earth from above.

Other than knowing who was being sent, I didn't know anything else. Secretary Woodall cut me out of the loop regarding details. I didn't even know where they were going to land.

All I knew; need to pray for all was needed for their safety, and ours.

I was in my living room with Ari, Willie, and Zack, who just happened to show up early to my house to talk about God. Rather than focus on where I thought it was going to be, which was the basics; I told them what I could in order for the four of us to pray.

When it came time to ask, two were less than enthused, due to how new they were to their faiths.

"God doesn't care about eloquence, or how new you are to Him. All He cares about from prayer is intent. That's it," I said to reassure them that the prayerful words themselves didn't matter.

They both looked better, but still not convinced.

"He's right. You both believe in what Jesus did, don't you?" Zack asked to come to my aid.

Willie nodded. "With everything I've got.

"That's a good way to put it," Ari added.

"What else does God care about when it comes to prayer? Nothing," I said to make clear it was all about faith.

"Alright, Ryan. How do we do this?" Willie asked for both.

"Just get on your knees and close your eyes. Then ask God silently to watch over those crews and the world. I'll be down there, with you, while Zack prays aloud," I said to let them know they didn't have to worry about speech.

"It won't be me, brother. This is your mission from God. We're just along for the ride," Zack said.

I was about to speak in protest about the lack of worthiness I had to lead anyone in prayer. But he was already on his knees, leaving me to pray for us and everyone else.

My head bowed with arms crossed in a reverent manner. I hoped I didn't make a mess of things. With every ounce of my being, I hoped to get it right.

"Father, we come before you as your humble servants to ask for you to watch over both alien species, and us. Please, guide all involved to prevent war."

While I prayed, the ships carrying the representatives left their docks for America. No one locked or fired anything. Even North Korea let them be. No matter how rogue, no one was willing to start a war with aliens.

God got everyone through, preventing war from coming. That was the closest we got.

I finished our prayer hoping it was enough. There were no calls, which told me it was.