Chapter 26

I dreamed of fires breaking out in engine rooms of both ships due to sabotage. Was it from the mutineers or those more loyal to the continuing of war? It was impossible to know without God giving me more than a glimpse.

There was no sense either was catastrophic. It was just enough to stop them from leaving, but not enough to bring about devastating crashes. From what little I could tell, no one was in any real danger.

I woke with a sense of purpose I hadn't known before. God gave me the glimpse needed to know what to do. And I didn't have much time.

How long before one of the ships ended up crashing? How many Americans would die, since both ships were over my country? Even one lost, was one too many. Not when all could be saved.

Not to mention the sentient lives on those ships. Their lives were in danger.

Had anyone died from the mutinies? I couldn't say for certain. I hoped not.

Was the mutinies part of God's plan, or the adversary?

I woke knowing what was happening didn't matter. God wasn't sitting idly by. He was very much involved. It helped I wasn't alone. Me, and whomever else God was acting through would get all three species through with as little risk as possible. That was the only reason I didn't feel the weight of the world.

I prayed while turning on my computer just in case there was another link.

The doorbell rang before I had the chance to see if there was any.

No matter. It could wait. There was no sense of urgency from God. I believed God would've prompted me to delay going to the door, had there been something important.

I checked and found Willie outside, looking determined. What was he doing at my house at such an early hour?

We didn't have plans for breakfast, at least I didn't think we did. Even if we did, breakfast wasn't for a couple hours. Why was he here?

I opened my front door with worry, since the only thing that came to mind was something bad happened.

"Hope I didn't wake you," he said as he entered.

I shook my head, since it was true. It wasn't the bell that woke me. A few moments earlier, and he would've.

"I wanted you to be the first to know. Well second. First person is what I should've said."

He was rambling from excitement, which didn't fit him at all.

I closed the door, before looking him in his eyes. "What is it?" I yawned.

"I gave my life to Jesus, last night."

I grinned from hearing the great news. "I'm happy for you, brother."