Chapter 28

While I was in prayer and deleting spam, the aliens were being taken to an Army post somewhere in the Midwest. No one, including me, knew where the base was, except for a few individuals, in and out of the military.

Secrecy was crucial. There were too many who'd be hostile towards them from Americans to hostile government agents who wanted them dead, just for choosing America. It was only through global prayer and the grace of God no one discovered their secret location.

Jew and Christians were all praying, every bit as much we were. I didn't know it at the time, but millions made the difference against billions.

In some places, like China, it took time for news to leak out about what happened. From the moment the ships arrived, prayer vigils were held, without end. When news broke years later by the few who escaped tyranny, it was considered a miraculous act by God.

No government found them, no matter how hard they searched. That took an act of God.

It wasn't until the last of the spam was deleted, before an email came prompting me to go to a meeting. I didn't know who would be there, which made it normal. There was only one way to find out.

I clicked to open it and saw Secretary Woodall as the only other person. His hand held a phone. He'd been on the verge of calling when the link was sent.

It was the will of God that led me to be strong to remain untempted by the spam, and timing of deleting the buildup.

"Good, Mr. Collins, your on," he said, while ending his action on the phone, before putting it away.

"How can I help, Mr. Secretary?"

"I just wanted to tell you they made it to the secret location. Neither representative wants to be in the same place. But know they don't have a choice."

I shook my head. "Not even a shared mutiny is bringing them together. At least they got there, It's a miracle by God, Mr. Secretary."

It was the first time I brought up God to him. I needed an opportunity to spread His message, and he brought it up.

He scowled a bit at my words. "No need to go there, Mr. Collins."

Just because he wanted to change the subject, didn't mean I had to agree. What was he going to do, fire me? He knew I was a Christian when we started. It was always going to be a matter of time, before I brought up God. There was no better time than being alone on that conference call.

"Of course, it's a miracle by God they're in the same place. Just like everything else that happened. Both mutinies started at the same time, what would you call it, Mr. Secretary?" I challenged in a respectful tone.

"Coincidence, Mr, Collins."

"God led them to that point, Mr. Secetary. Just as He led them to Earth and protected the location where they're at."

"Agree to disagree, Mr. Collins," he said, dismissing the argument.

I knew I had to change the subject, but at least God was brought in. Hearing what I said would at least think about God being involved. It's all I could do during the conference call.

"Have you offered the ambassadors embassies in Washington, Mr. Secretary?"

"Not yet, but was going to, later today. It'd be a good step to put both species on equal footing, Mr. Ryan."

"Good, Mr. Secretary. They won't like it, but they should accept it. Can they land their ships, or were they built in space for space?"

He stopped for a moment to show he was taken off guard. "We haven't asked, but were going to, anyway. As near as we can figure, they weren't designed to land, Mr. Collins. Why do you ask?"

"If they can't land, which I suspect to be the case, it narrows things down for the mutineers. They can't include landing them in their demands, Mr. Secretary. That just leaves where to land smaller ships, first."

He nodded in agreement. "You're right, Mr. Collins. They'll want to land. Most likely in two different places in the county."

There was a nagging sensation that must've come from God. It couldn't be that way. They had to live in the same area, for peace to remain.

I shook my head. "That will only cause the animosity to build between them, Mr. Secretary. They have to be in the same place, working together. It's the only way to prevent conflict."

He was thinking things over, which was a good thing. It meant he was considering my idea.

"I don't know if that will work, but I agree that they can't be separated when they get here, Mr. Collins. I'll be the one in the meeting today. If I need anything, I'll reach out."

The feed ended, leaving another day of waiting.