Chapter 29

While I watched and prayed the following morning, the representatives argued about everything. They should've seen the mutinies as having some commonality. But wouldn't consider anything.

The Alruinian Representative, Cranoth, had yellow skin that almost matched his golden eyes. The eyes remained strange, but at least I know longer stared, for long.

The Viridian Representative, Deringia, had red hair on green flesh with blue eyes, which looked a bit exotic.

By then, their alien appearances weren't so alien. At least they were humanoid.

They were absolutely certain they didn't need to be anywhere near each other when they landed on smaller ships, which was all they wanted. That, and to be as far away from each other, as possible.

In many ways, they acted quite human. Which was why, if I had to guess, he treated them as he would anyone with high rank.

"Not every country's like America. Some are hostile, just for you being here. In order to ensure your safety, Representatives, your people need to be in the same place. It's easier for us to secure one area, than two."

That's all it took to make it happen. The threat from outside, human forces was enough to bring them on board. Now, it was an argument about where to land for their venture, for lack of a better word.

They didn't narrow it down to any one location, due to continued arguing. I got the feeling they were arguing for the sake of arguing. Was it something that each drove the other to do, or something they naturally shared in common? Perhaps, if it was a common thread, it could be used to get them to agree.

Only God knew how, but it must've been possible to show some point of likeness to draw out.

Wherever they ended up, they were going to need to work together. There was no need to do anything to prompt some premature action. It was all in God's hands, not ours.

Pushing them, before they were ready, wouldn't work. They'd only fight that much harder.

It was a shame there was no contact with aliens outside the two warring species. A third party could help negotiate some piece of land for both. And place blame if it all blew up.

Could I be the one to take the blame? It was possible. Just because the representatives had no idea who I was, didn't mean I couldn't be introduced.

Knowing it was God's will to get them to land, and build something together in the same place, made it easier to accept my role. I'd pray on it to be certain, but haven't felt like that, in a long time.

I finally knew my role. I was to be sacrificed, if things went wrong, or ignored if things went right. I didn't care about ego, which meant I had no problem with either. It was about those aliens and no one else.