Epilogue

That was my part about what happened, even though almost no one knows.

The world thinks it was all Secretary Woodall. Because that's the way God wants it.

One day, that will change. Until that secrecy is lifted, it won't. But hasn't stopped me from writing about God's role for me and my friends.

I haven't spoken with him, since that day. I was kept on as an advisor, just in case something went wrong. It meant I got paid for nothing, other than my silence.

My friends and I never saw our relationship with God weaken. Through His son, He got us through that month, without war coming to us.

We all went to Zack's church every Sunday, after that, where they had a series of good ministers who were where they were supposed to be. I was asked to teach an occasional class. But always declined.

I was no minister to anyone. I was at home in a pew. That's the way God wanted me to be.

What would've happened had God not intervened in their war? The same thing that happened everywhere else the Alruinians and Viridians went and continue to go.

War does have a way of finding a way for all sentient beings.

Earth is alone, because America exists, in having them work together. It does lead to the occasional ship breaking free from both species and heading here to add to their numbers.

That colony that started as an impossibility, is thriving. One day, peace will come to all of them. For the moment, Earth will have to do.

Since it was clear I was no longer needed by the lack of calls, I decided to start working with wood. The tools weren't cheap, and neither was the wood. With the printers being so widely used, there aren't many lumber companies, which is why it's so expensive.

I've never been close to a master craftsman; the way Jesus was. But I've gotten better. The crosses aren't off center, like they used to be, which is what I make for myself to be given away.

It's been suggested by my friends to sell them, since I could make good money. What do I need it for? I get all I need crafting them for God and myself.