Chapter 24

The next morning, I was led to pray for something different regarding the aliens. Were they always at war? Did something happen to kick off the animosity, before Jorinthia? Was there something I was missing, beyond what God already led me?

There had to be. If all sentient species in the universe were like man, as I believed, there was something needed to bring it about. Granted, one could've been more militaristic than the other, but that should have met one had greater offensive capabilities, which didn't seem to be the case.

Stalemates, which is what I believed was happening in space, didn't come about without equal military equipment. Or, at least close enough to effectively defend themselves. It would seem any advantage would've led to a win.

I didn't get a vision. But did get a sense of peace. Whatever happened changed the course of their histories. They were allies, even if it was to a small degree. Though, without knowing more, it was impossible to know how close they were.

Now, I knew for certain something happened on that planet. I just didn't know what.

Was that enough to go on to keep the war from spreading to Earth? No. But it was a start. God would reveal all I needed, in His time.

At least, now I understand why it's coming to me a little bit. That was all Secretary Woodall needed to know.

If it were me, instead of him, would God reveal more? Probably not. His way was mysterious, and I wasn't about to question His plan.

I never really understood the mysterious part, until I became part of God's plan. It was one thing to read about it in the Bible, or Israel coming into existence under miraculous circumstances. But something altogether different when I was a direct part of His plan.

He chose me to be His messenger, all those years ago. And fully understand why it came a little at a time. Had all been revealed, I wouldn't have been able to make sense of it. Little by little was what I needed due to my limited mind.

I didn't know if that sense of peace I felt was from the two worlds at peace, or something more formal. Not that it mattered. The worlds didn't have the same animosity as they did following whatever happened.

Jorinthia was the key. What it opened; I knew not. Only time would tell what opening it would bring. Peace, or security for Earth that might lead to other places.

I was on the verge of deeper prayer in hopes of greater understanding when my secure phone rang.

After making the short distance, while wondering about what was found.

"Hello, Mr. Secretary."

"There's almost no mention of Jorinthia, Mr. Ryan. Just one place of many both claim as theirs."

I wish he were a bit more specific about what he wanted, but silence is all I hear. Does he want confirmation, or something else. It's impossible to know, but he's not the sharing kind.