Bullets.

Bullets whirred past me. The sounds of bullets ricocheting off of the destroyed buildings. I could hear men scream in pain behind me, the combat medics trying their best to save them.

"[Last Name]!"

I turned to look at the mysterious person who called me. My eyes searched before landing on a brown bearded face. Price. He was crouched behind a broken wall of a building, leaning his body against it.

He signalled me to go to him, lifting two fingers and pointing to the ground. I nodded, averting my gaze to the open space between us. He quickly caught on, lifting his rifle and peeking over the wall as he shot, giving me cover fire.

Wasting no time, I ran towards him, my heart pounding in my chest as I prayed to not get shot. I crouched down beside him, my chest rising and falling. He stopped shooting his gun and turned to look at me, assessing what was happening.

"Sarge," he nodded, before continuing to speak. "We need you to sneak around to the left and get the ones in the building." I glanced over to the building he was talking about, seeing the cracked walls. I gazed back at him, nodding my head.

"Ghost is in the right building. He's currently taking out the men in there." He bucked his head, pointing out the building Ghost was in. I quickly glanced over at it, then turned back to him. "I'll get it done," I grunted.

He smiled at me, quickly turning to shoot his gun ahead. That was my cue. I ran to the building he pointed to earlier, leaning against the wall. I took in a deep breath, calming my nerves down. It was like my whole demeanour changed. I barged through the door, quickly turning myself and my rifle to the corners and shooting the men that tried to hide. I scouted the room, making sure I didn't miss anyone. I checked under fallen debris that was inside, then the untouched boxes. Nothing.

Slowly making my way to the next room, I pulled my pistol out of my thigh holster, carefully placing my rifle onto my back slings. I swung the door open, cocking my pistol to the left. Two men wearing black tactical gear with knives in their hands.

"shit," I muttered. I aimed my sights at the nearest one, placing my index finger on the trigger and pushing down on it. No bullets came out. "What the fuck?" I huffed in annoyance, hitting the side of the pistol with my palm. The stupid ass gun jammed. Suppose I should be grateful I found out now.

The nearest man came running towards me, taking advantage of the situation.  He began to slash the air aimlessly as he ran, clearly hoping to hit a ghost. I scoffed, planting one foot in front of me to brace for impact. I glanced at my pistol, quickly getting an idea.

The man bashed into me, using his size as an advantage. I grunted, my body being pushed back as he tried to push me to the floor. His hand was pushing against my shoulder, his other hand locked with mine whilst holding the knife and pathetically attempting to stab me. This was getting annoying.

I used my free hand that was holding my pistol, bringing it up to the side of his head and started bashing it against it. He groaned in pain as blood poured from his head. He kept waving his knife around, his movements beginning to slow down as I bashed his head in repeatedly with my pistol. His hand that was interlocked with mine faltered, losing his grip on the knife for just a second. A second too late, might I add. I kicked my leg up, kneeing him in between his legs and ripping the knife from his hand. His body slowly fell to the floor, losing his strength as blood poured from his head. One of his hands weakly grabbed at my ankle in a last attempt to stop me.

"Fuck you!" I shouted, bringing my foot up and slamming it down on his head repeatedly. His brains leaked out from his skull, the juices dripping from the bottom of my boots. My chest rose and fell as I stared at what used to be ahead. Disgusting. I scoffed and turned my head to the other guy.

His entire body was quivering, his hands trembling as he held the knife in front of him. "Please!" He cried out, backing into the wall. Tears fell from his eyes as he looked at me, sobs coming from his mouth. "I am innocent!" I grimaced as he attempted to beg, turning my head to the door. With the knife in my hand, I quickly threw it towards him. A grunt came from him, signalling that I had hit him. I pursed my lips, turning to look at the scared man. The knife was lodged into his chest, blood quickly soaking his uniform. He sputtered, his breath becoming unstable as he fell to his knees. Dramatic.

I walked over to him, pulled the knife out from his chest and pushed his body back. His body fell backwards, his legs folded underneath. I walked out of the room quietly, the bloody knife in front of my face as I used my arm as a shield.

I ran into more men, sneaking up on them and choking them, sometimes even using the knife to stab into their sides as I covered their mouths to silence their cries as I cleared the building. My uniform was now covered in other people's blood, a splotchy mess of dark red and black. I brought my hand up to my ear, pressing onto the earpiece.

"All clear, Cap." I paced as I waited for my next order. I wonder if Ghost is done on his side?

A few seconds had gone by before I heard Price's husked voice. "Nice work, sarge. Im with Ghost, downloading the intel into the USB."

I nodded, despite him not being able to see me. "Any other orders, Price?"

The line on the other side went quiet. I knit my brows together, the silence becoming deafening.

"Cap?" My voice was a mere whisper as I paced across the room back and forth, twirling the knife between my fingers.

Nothing.