Drinks.

I made my way into my room, leaving Soap in the living room. When I turned on the light, I started to rummage through my closet, trying to find an outfit that would be suitable for a casual night out with the squad.

I settled on a pair of black jeans, a form-fitting maroon t-shirt, and the tactical steel boots, and quickly dressed myself, making sure that I looked put together without going overboard.

I made my way back out into the living room, ready to head out for a fun night on the town with my teammates.

Hearing my footsteps, Soap turned around, a small grin resting on his face. "Ready?"

"Ready."

-

As Soap and I entered the bar, the music was blaring, a mix of heavy bass and upbeat pop. It was clear that it was going to be a fun night, as the crowd was already dancing and drinking, with the bartender moving quickly to serve them.

As I stood next to Soap, I quickly looked around the bar, scanning for familiar faces, but not seeing them.

"Where are they?" My brows knit together.

"There." Soap pointed to a dark corner of the room, the men barely noticeable.

Soap and I slowly made our way over to the dark corner of the room, and as we approached, I noticed that all our squad mates were already there, glasses in hand. Price greeted us warmly, smiling and chatting casually as if we had just arrived at a friendly gathering.

"Price," I nodded to him, scooting beside Soap. I looked around the table, quickly glossing over the other members.

Soap sat beside Price, their arms slightly brushed against each other. Gaz was next to the captain, who was accompanied by Ghost. Leaving the person across from me... König.

I pursed my lips in a flat line, directing my attention to Price.

"What's the occasion?" I tilted my head at him.

"Take the edge off," Price breathed out.

After nodding at Price and surveying the table once more, I realized that everyone was engrossed in their conversations and I didn't want to interrupt them.

Instead, I decided to make my way over to the bar and leave them to their discussions. As I approached the bar, I ordered a few of my favourite drinks, which Soap refers to as "girly drinks".

I ordered drinks throughout the night, avoiding the temptation to down them all in one sitting. I didn't want to overindulge and risk blacking out, so I sipped my liquor slowly, savouring the flavour of each drink.

As the night progressed, my confidence grew and I even ordered a tequila shot.

Terrible. I held back a gag, putting my hand to my mouth and letting out a cool breath.

As the night wore on and I consumed more alcohol, I began to feel its effects. My words started to become slurred, and my inhibitions were lowered.

However, despite the state of drunkenness, I found myself in, my senses were still sharp enough to notice a familiar face, or should I say, mask nearby. It was König.

When I noticed König sitting next to me, I couldn't help but raise my eyebrows in surprise.

There are plenty of empty seats beside him, why is he sitting beside me?

He immediately ordered a shot of Jägermeister, an iconic, dark-coloured liquor that's originally from Germany.

I didn't even have to ask if it was a German beverage or not, the fucking name gives it away.

As we continued to sit, enjoying the atmosphere in the bar and ordering drinks at a steady pace, Soap called out to us. His Scottish accent, already thick, seemed to have become even more pronounced, and it was clear that he had consumed quite a bit of alcohol.

König and I exchanged a glance before making our way over to him and the other squad members.

"Doing okay, McTavish?" I slurred my words, a small smile resting on my face as I looked at him.

He stumbled a bit against the table, trying to find a stable standing to begin speaking.

"I just finished.." he paused, letting out small hiccups, "chugging with Gaz."

I looked over at the table. Gaz was leaning against Price's shoulder, muttering incoherent words. He seemed done for the night. Poor guy.

I shrugged my shoulders, tilting my head at Soap as I wondered why he called us over.

"And you two," he gestured to me and König, a devilish grin on his face. "Are up next."

"No."
"No."

I furrowed my brows at the Austrian man, my eyes dancing with amusement at our agreement.

I turned to look over at Soap, his eyes shimmering with an emotion I couldn't dissect.

"Just one time. Please."

As Soap pleaded with me to just try it once, I fought back a smile and shook my head. After a few moments of silent tension, I finally gave in, albeit begrudgingly.

"Okay, just one time," I said through gritted teeth, a subtle sign of my reluctance, which Soap seemed to pick up on.

König's silence was noticeable, even in a bar full of people socializing and having a good time. When I looked up at him, I saw his eyes fixed on the floor, his eyes narrowed. 

After what felt like an eternity, König finally nodded his head, acknowledging Soap's request without uttering a single word.

"Yes!" Soap brought up a fist to the air, causing him to stumble into the table once more.

I bit down on my inner cheek, stifling a drunk chuckle at the rare moment.

.

A/N: kinda short but >:(