Brief.

A/N: I know it's been a while, but >:( but seriously, thank you to those who commented and voted. They made me happy knowing others are enjoying this.

-

The sound of the alarm cuts through the silence, pulling me out of a deep slumber. I blink at the clock, feeling groggy and disoriented. I glanced over at it. It was 0700.

My head felt like it was about to explode, and my brain struggled to recall the events of the previous evening. I let out a long, drawn-out groan, slowly rising from my bed.

The pounding in my head felt like it got worse with time as I hopped into the shower. I used body wash to scrub down my body, not wanting to smell like a party. Quickly putting shampoo onto my head, I scrubbed all of the dirt and grime off of it.

As I finished cleaning myself, I hopped out of the shower. I only had maybe thirty minutes left before I had to begin working.

I wrapped a towel around my torso as I made my way back into my room and dressed in my uniform.

I headed for the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth, brushing them vigorously in an attempt to clear the foggy feeling in my head. Once finished, I made my way to the briefing room, trying my best to keep a clear mind despite the headache that was beating a steady rhythm in my skull.

As I entered the briefing room, my eyes quickly searched for familiar faces. Upon spotting Price and Ghost,  I greeted them with a nod. "Captain," I addressed Price, making my way toward them. "Lieutenant," I then said to Ghost, taking a seat next to him.

König sat across from us, his eyelids were halfway as he bored into the table. What's gotten into him?

I felt a soft nudge on my arm, turning my head to see two Tylenol tablets on the table. As I reached out and lifted them, I saw Ghost's hand slowly pulling back.

"Thank you," I muttered with a nod of appreciation, swallowing the pills.

"You're late," spoke Price. He glanced down at his watch, then back to me. "By a couple of minutes."

"Apologies."

He let out a content sigh, placing his hands on the table. "[First Name], you'll be paired with König for your tardiness."

I clenched my fists, hiding them under the table. Despite my best efforts, Price's amused grin on his face was too much to bear. He knew we didn't get along. Somehow, he knew.

I swallowed hard as I glanced over to König. His grey eyes were dark, conveying a battle within.

Price spoke, his voice sounding more stern than usual. "You two," he said, gesturing towards König and me, "are going on a stealth mission tomorrow night."

His tone suggested that this was a high-stakes operation, and we would have to perform at the top of our game to succeed. The news came as a surprise to both König and me, but we were ready to face the challenge head-on. As the meeting continued, Price outlined the mission parameters and our roles in the operation, making sure that we understood the stakes and the potential consequences of failure.

God, I hope the lower ranks were ready.

"Do your best," he added.

"I always am."

Captain Price began walking toward the door, his footsteps echoing loudly in the briefing room. "Ghost, you're with me," he said, his voice low but firm as he passed Ghost and me.

-

I leaned against the wall, my arm pressed against it. "What does Price have you and Soap doing?" I raised my brow.

"Rookie training," Gaz spoke, his tone full of annoyance. "Some are cocky and full of themselves," he added.

"Smith?" I raised my brows, mentioning the rookie that flirted with me not long ago.

"Aye." Gaz nodded, his British accent on full display. "But he has the best records out of all of them."

I bit down on my inner cheek, imagining how awful it'd be to work by Smith's side. God, I hope he gets out of this phase.

"The missions will straighten them up," I exclaimed.

"He asked about you. The rookie." Gaz's brows rose, an amused grin etched onto his face.

"What's Soap doing?" I quickly spat out, not wanting to talk about that pest of a rookie.

He seemed to notice my hurried response, his grin only growing wider. "Paperwork. The guy is stressed," a hearty laugh coming from him.

"God forbid he does taxes," I joined in on his humour.

.

A/N: I hope you noticed my hints with König. points gun at all of you