Comms.

Fuck. I jogged to the nearest window that was to my right, glancing out for a split second to see what the other side was like.

Countless men lay dead on the ground, blood covering fallen debris and the gear they wore. Guns and knives rested beside the soldiers that wielded them, no longer having an owner.

I took a few steps back, not seeing a familiar skull mask or a sassy brown-haired captain.

I stopped to think, quickly assessing the situation at hand. If Price wasn't answering while he was with Ghost, then they're.. probably dead. I felt my breath hitch in my throat, not wanting to think about that possibility.

If they are... then I could either carry on with the mission or contact Laswell for a chopper.

I decided on the former.

I looked for an exit as I walked back to where I came from, seeing a broken window. I walked over to it, checking outside for a split second. It seemed clear.

God, don't let me get shot. I pushed myself over the window, tiny glass shards digging into my palms. I grunted as I made contact with the ground, my legs absorbing the impact of the fall.

I ran to a nearby cement wall, scanning the area in front of me. I glanced down, noticing a guy clutching his rifle. His chest wasn't moving, his eyes were dull, void of life. My eyes narrowed down at the body, bending down as I yanked the rifle out of his hands. I put the bloody knife into my holster, not needing it at the moment.

The sound of gunfire calmed down, the battle moving up ahead. There'll be a few stragglers no doubt. As I started ushering my way to the right side, I felt a gloved hand on my mouth.

My eyes went wide, instantly reaching for my knife. I bit down on their hand, my teeth ripping the fabric of the glove. The unknown attacker groaned in pain, but they didn't budge. They noticed my hand reaching for a knife, cocking their gun against the side of my head. "Not so fast, missy."

Their voice was gruff, smelling like cigarettes. They pushed me into them, their breath hitting my ear. "Where are they?" They whispered, tapping their gun against my head as a warning.

"Who?" My voice was muffled by their hand, my eyes frantically searching for a way out. My mind was going a mile a minute, thinking of how to get out of this.

"Price. Ghost." They let out a low growl as the men's names rolled off his tongue.

My breathing was heavy as I thought of what to say, my eyes rolling at the fact they thought I'd give them up that easy.

I shifted my weight to my left leg, my eyelids half closed. "They're not here," I hissed out, putting my hands up in a defensive manner.

They didn't seem to like my answer as they bashed the muzzle of their gun into my head, the impact of the gun making my head dizzy. I let out a groan of pain, their hand still over my mouth. "Where. Are. They." They spoke to through gritted teeth.

My brows knitted together as I grew frustrated. Hell, even I didn't know where they were. I shrugged and shimmied my hands, gesturing as I spoke. "I don't fucking know."

This seemed to piss them off more. They snarled, pushing me forward and aiming their gun down at me. I grunted at the push, my hand instinctively reaching for my knife as I turned around.

Their finger pushed down on the trigger, a shot echoing between the buildings and fallen debris. My eyes widened as my hands roamed over my chest, wondering where I had been shot. I brought my fingers to my face. There was no blood.

The man fell to his knees, his body slumping forward. There was a bullet hole in his forehead.

"I got you, Sarge." A thick Scottish accent radioed in my earpiece.

I smiled, glancing up at the buildings, not knowing where he was. "Saved my life yet again," I huffed out, jogging towards the building where the two men should have been.

As I made my way inside, I checked the rifle I was holding, making sure the safety was off. I kept hiding behind boxes and walls as I moved, making sure my footsteps were light.

The laptop was just up ahead, a few rooms down. I let out a breath of cool air, the adrenaline beginning to course through my veins. In every room and object, I cocked my rifle forward, ready to shoot anything that moves.

I looked forward, my eyes landing on a closed metal door. Odd. I tip-toed towards it, my heartbeat picking up. I leaned against the wall, my finger on the trigger ready to shoot whoever was on the other side of the door.

Fuck it. I brought my leg up and kicked the door open, the metal object causing my leg to feel weird. Thank god for steel boots. I couldn't go in there with my gun blazing. No. I would get shot.

I looked down at my uniform, my hand grabbing a grenade from my belt. I brought it near my face, eyeing the tiny trinket. Pulling the pin with my teeth, I pushed open the door and tossed it inside the room.

Any second now.

I waited to hear the satisfying boom, my feet tapping lightly against the floor in excitement. But an object flew past me, the sound of steel bouncing against the wooden floor. My eyes widened as they landed on the grenade I had just thrown. Fuck!

My body went flying backwards, my ears ringing from the sound of the explosion. I felt the air come out of my lungs as I made contact with the floor, a grunt escaping my mouth. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Get up.

I lay there for a few seconds, feeling disoriented. My vision was normal as I stared at the ceiling, my ears still ringing from the blast. My heart was beating fast as goosebumps formed all over my body.

My movements were slow as I pushed myself up, the ringing beginning to subside. I used my knees to stand, grunting as I got to a normal standing position. I clutched my rifle, tip-toeing back to the side of the door.

"Ghost?" I spoke in a harsh whisper, calling out to, hopefully, the masked man. It felt like hours as I waited for a response, my heart beginning to pound in my ears.

"Sarge?" A husk voice called out from the other side of the door.