Confrontation.

A/N: beautiful

A/N: beautiful. I imagine König having grey eyes like this image here.

-

My eyes fluttered open, squinting against the harsh lights of the hospital room. I let out a low groan and felt a pulsating pain in my abdomen.

Groggily I looked around, taking in my surroundings. I noticed an IV in my arm and winced at the sight. A reminder of what happened.

As I slowly rose from my hospital bed, I let out a low grunt, my body still aching from my recent ordeal.

My eyes swept the room, searching for anything that might provide me with some insight into what had happened. As I surveyed the room, my eyes landed on a sleeping McTavish, lying in a hospital chair with his arms crossed on his chest as he rested his head against the wall.

As I shifted around in the hospital bed, the sound of my movements caught Soap's attention, causing him to groggily stir. He wiped the drool from the side of his mouth and opened his eyes to see me waking up.

His eyes widened at the sight of me opening my eyes, and a smile spread across his face as he got up from his hospital chair and made his way over to me.

"[First Name]!" He beamed, gently pulling me into his chest to hug me. The sound of his rapid heartbeat rang in my ear, a soothing lullaby. My lips twitched upwards, threatening to smile as I pulled away from the hug.

"Johnny," I nodded, my voice a mere whisper. König's words hit deeper than I thought they would. And I was doing a shit job at hiding it.

He seemed to be taken aback by my unenthusiastic personality. His brows knitted together as concern filled his eyes. "You okay, Sarge?"

Unknown to me, I had been placing walls around myself, a defensive maneuver of sorts. I nodded to Johnny, my eyes feigning happiness. I was still coming to grips with what had happened, and my mind and emotions were a jumble. I couldn't bring myself to show any real emotion, afraid of being vulnerable and showing weakness.

An exhausted sigh came from me, feigning a yawn and stretching my arms out lightly. I wanted to be alone, but I didn't want to be an ass about it.

Soap seemed to believe my act, an imaginary light bulb appearing above his head. "Ah! Alright," he nodded, an awkward smile on his face. He made his way over to the door, glancing over his shoulder. "I'll get going. Rest well, aye?" Just like that, he left.

-

The sound of fists colliding echoed through the training room, with Ghost and König going toe to toe in a fierce sparring match.

The intensity was palpable as Ghost sounded angry, "We're a team," he said, punctuating his statement with a well-placed fist to König's jaw.

"You don't think I know that?" König's accent was thick as he spoke, a slight edge to his voice. With a quick movement, he managed to grab Ghost's wrist, twisting it and making Ghost's body turn with it.

The maneuver was precise and effective, and for a moment, the balance of power between the two men shifted.

Ghost broke free from König's grip, sending a sharp, quick jab toward his face. But König was ready for it, blocking the punch with his hand and holding Ghost's fist firmly in place.

He stared down at Ghost, a look of steely determination in his eyes as if to say, "You're not getting past me that easily."

Ghost let out a huff, aiming for König's legs and pushing him down to the floor mats with a swift movement. He quickly moved to hold König's wrists, his leg kneeling against the back of König's leg as he held him in place.

Ghost's grip on König tightened, and his voice lowered as he said, "So why did you lash out at her?" His tone was threatening, and the intensity of the situation was palpable.

König stayed quiet, his only movement being his breathing. Ghost got off of him, rolling his eyes and scoffing as he walked away. But just as he was about to exit the training room, König's voice stopped him in his tracks. "Another," he said, his accent thick.

The tension hung heavy in the air, and Ghost's shoulders tightened as he turned around.

.

A/N: very short, but... but I got nothing. It's just short because it's short.