Chapter 9

I wasn't lying when I said I was gonna go stargazing.

Currently I am sitting in the astronomy tower looking at the stars. I had always loved astronomy when I was younger it had always seemed to fascinate me. I love all the stars but I specially like the Regulus star, I don't know why, I just do. 

I had this little box next to me, it was from my parents before they died. My adopted family never gave it to me because I wasn't supposed to know about them but ever since I got the box I haven't let myself to open it.

"Hey." I jump at this I look back to see Malfoy standing "Can't you take a hint. How did you even find me?" I ask genuinely curious "Where else would you be 'stargazing' if not the astronomy tower" "Whatever, why are you here"
"I wanted to apologize" he says looking at the ground, he slowly comes to sit next to me "I know I've been a snob for the past couple of years," no shit I think "the reason I said what I said on the train was because I wanted to her a reaction out of you like always, but then I saw how instead of yelling back at me you ran off. It made me realize how much I had actually hurt you and I- I'm sorry" The moon light has light up his face, I had never realized how grey his eyes are.

"So, what's in the box?" I snap out of my trance "wha- oh this um I dont know" maybe I should open it "Is it a gift?" Am I about to have a genuine conversation with Malfoy "No uh it was my parents' before they died, I've had it for a while I just haven't opened it yet" Wait, why am I telling Malfoy this? Is he gonna make fun of me for it tomorrow?

"I think you should open it" he suggests "you know what? I think I just might"

my hands start to shake as I pick up the red box and start to open it. I let out a shaky breath before fully opening it. Inside there's a bunch of photos of my parents and what I'm guessing is their friends.

Some photos aren't moving so I'm guessing those were muggle photos. The first Photo I see is one of my dad sitting on a couch next to a boy with mid length black hair, next to him is another boy who seemed to resemble professor Lupin wait he has the same scars as him too. Could it be possible that my dad was friends with professor Lupin? And sitting in a corner is a chubby boy with blond hair who looks a bit too nervous

On the back it said Messers Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail and Prongs my eyes start to sting.

I look at the next one it was of my mom and dad holding me and Harry and laughing on the back it said our beautiful baby's Y/N and Harry i couldn't hold my tears back and started crying. But that didn't stop me from looking at the rest of the photos

I picked up another one. It showed the guy who was most likely professor Lupin and the black haired boy kiss- wait kissing? Was professor Lupin gay? Doesn't matter none of my business

The next photo is a few photos with my dad and a guy who looked like the boy kissing possible professor Lupin but with short hair. Probably his little brother.

As I went through the ones with my dad and that guy I find a wizard photo at first they're laughing but that laugh slowly turns into a kiss. Was my dad also gay? Cuz it sure looked like it.

On the back it said my wonderful Regulus
Regulus? Who was Regulus? "Draco?" His eyes snap wide open. I realize that I just said his given name "yes?" "Would you happen to know a boy named Regulus?" Again, his eyes widen

"I don't know him personally but I've heard, why?" So he knows perfect "Who is he?" I want to find him "Regulus Black, he became a deatheater at 16 and about 2 years after he died because of it. He's actually my mothers cousin"

"Black? Regulus Black? Were he and Sirius Black related?" "Brothers. Now may I know why your asking me these questions?" "He's in these photos with my dad." I show him the photos, except for the ones they're kissing in. "I didn't know he was friends with your father, when and if my mother talks about him she always says that he was the perfect child that every black family member used as an example for a good kid"

"Why wouldn't he be a 'good kid' by hanging out with my dad?" Even if his family were blood purists, my dad was a Pureblood "you don't know? The potters were known as blood traitors but they mostly hated your father." Why my dad "what? Why?" How does Malfoy know more about my dad then I do "They say he's the reason the Black family line ended. Let me explain, Sirius black was meant to be the heir but when he went to Hogwarts he met James and became rebellious, according to my mother they would prank the Slytherins at least once a week, in 6th year he ran away to live with your dad"

What? Murder and deatheater Sirius Black was my dads bestfriend?!? "But, why's he in Azkaban then? I'm guessing he didn't like the way his family thought" right? That makes sense "mhm or at least that's what everyone thought.. Y/N this might be a little hard to hear, but when Voldemort decided he was going to kill the Potters they went into hiding and used the fidulus charm, their secret keeper was Sirius and he sold them out to Voldemort"

Rage was building up inside of me the thought of it makes me wanna throw up- his bestfriend  whom he trusted with his life is the reason he's dead- I couldn't move all I could do was cry

Draco reluctantly pulled me into a hug, I would've complained but all I could do was cry and somehow his comfort was actually nice

After a few minutes I stoped crying "sorry, I got tears in your shirt" I said sniffling "don't worry about it" I went back to look at the photos and then I realized if my dad was bestfriends with Sirius that would mean the guy with the mid length hair would be him Wait! Were Professor Lupin and Sirius Black dating back when they were in Hogwarts?  I'll ask him tomorrow

"Well, I better get going" I say "but this was nice and thanks again for letting me cry in your shoulder" I let out a slight laugh "anytime" all of a sudden I don't want to leave but I know I have to "Good night, Draco." Draco I can't get used to that "Good night, Y/N."