Chapter 10

This morning I got up early so I could go talk to professor Lupin

"Hello Ms. Potter, what brings you to my office?" He asks. Merlin why am I so nervous "Professor this might be a personal but, did you happen to be friends with my dad?" I say as I fidget with my fingers. He stops what he was doing and turns to look at me "why do you ask?"
"I was looking at some photos I got and you were in them, they were from when you guys were younger I brought them with me" i put the box on his desk.

"Oh please sit." I sit on the chair in front of his. The first one he looks at is the one of my dad, Black, Lupin and the other guy "Oh I remember this" I see a smile forming on his face "James and S- This guy and James had charmed the Slytherins goblets to make their hair a bright pink" I asume he didn't know I knew who Sirius was "Sir, I know who this is, Sirius Black. Correct?" He looks up at me "How?" "A friend told me" it felt weird to describe Draco as a friend. He makes a slight hm sound and continues to look at the photos

"Oh Merlin. Did you look at all of these?" He says probably hoping I didn't "I did and I wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind." I wanted to know about my dad about Regulus "Of course" I take a deep breath

"Did you know about this?" I say pointing to the photo of my dad and Regulus kissing "Yes, I did- James told me before anyone- well technically I found out before anyone, I mean it was weird that suddenly after years of talking about Lily all the time he just stoped one day. You see Y/N James and Regulus loved each other more then anyone I've ever known they're love was a one in a million kind of love. James never gave me details but one day in 7th year James came back to the common room in tears he told me that Regulus had told him he was a deatheater. James being James tried to make it work but Regulus broke up with him for James' safety. He didn't stop crying for days, it was terrible he stayed in his bed for two and a half weeks straight, eventually we graduated and he married Lily but I don't think he ever fully got over Regulus"

From everyone I've met I've been told that my dad had always been in love with my mom, from the beginning in first year. No one had told me about Regulus "Sir? What about um you and Sirius" he looked upset whenever I mentioned Sirius "Well Y/N you can't tell anyone this understand?" "Yes I understand"

"Ok well I won't give many details but we started dating in 6th year I loved the old Sirius very much, and a part of me still does too this day but this Sirius? No, no part of me loves or even remotely likes this Sirius" He looks like he's about to cry "Are you going to tell Harry about this?"

"Not unless you don't want me too" I honestly didn't want to tell Harry "Well I would prefer if you didn't" thank Merlin "Thank you professor" "Call me Remus -not during class tho- and your welcome"
"Ok, bye Remus" I say as I wave my hand "good bye Y/N"

As I walk back to my dorm I process all the information Remus had just given me. Since first year I had believed that my dad loved my mom since the moment he saw her and never stopped, but now my whole view of my dad has changed.

I stay in my room for majority of the day and then a bit after curfew I get up to go to the astronomy tower

Suddenly I see a light directly in my eye "Potter" says Professor Snape "what might you be doing Strutting about the halls?" He says "Well I was sleep walking but I guess I was sleep strutting." Snape looked furious "Just like your stupid father you little br-" But he's cut off by Remus

"Professor, what might be happening here?" He asks "I have just found Ms. Potter out of bed walking around the halls" he really thinks I'm about to get into some major trouble "I thought I was strutt-" "Be quiet" he says dragging out his words "Well Severus if you don't mind I think I'll take Y/N too my office and figure something out some sort of punishment for her" I notice him winking at me "Wonderful"

As me and Remus are walking or strutting to get it his office I see a light on "Remus look over there" I whisper. We walk towards to light and see "Harry!?! What are you doing here?" I ask "Good question, what would you happen to be doing at this time of night Mr. Potter?"

"I was sleep walking" he could have at least tried to make it believable "Harry you suck at lying" I laugh "Mr. Potter please turn out your pockets" Harry takes a piece of parchment out of his pockets.

"What is that?" Remus asks "Just a bare piece of parchment." Remus takes a better look at it and his eyes widen "Harry where did you happen to get this?" I felt oblivious to what was going on "go on give it, come with us" We continue walkin- sorry strutting to his office

"Why are you here?" Harry asks me "I was sleep walking" Harry rolls his eyes "Seriously, why were you here" I sigh "I was going to go tot he astronomy tower its very pretty up there and I enjoy looking at the stars. Now you why were you there?" He sighs "you'll see in a minute"

"I am very disappointed in you Mr. Potter, i have no clue how this map came to be in your position but I am astonished you didn't turn it in" Harry looks disappointed in himself

"Have you ever thought that this is the hands of Sirius Black is a map to you? Your parents sacrificed their lives for you and this? This is a very poor way to repay them! Now go to bed, i don't want to see you in the halls at this time again" Harry starts to leave before turning back

"Professor i don't think that map works." A look of confusing spreads on Remus' face "Earlier I saw someone on the map, someone I believe to be dead." Remus looks insulted "who my that be"
"Peter Pettigrew" is the last thing he says before returning to bed.

"Remus, who's Peter Pettigrew?" I ask "You may have noticed in the photo on the couch a boy sitting right in the corner. That was him but the night your parents died Sirius killed him and 13 muggles.

"Oh but what does he mean by map? "Oh and what is that paper?" I thought I knew everything but I guess not "oh when we were in school we had made a map here look I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

The parchment started turning into a map of Hogwarts "Its a map of all of Hogwarts and it shows everyone, where they are and what they're doing at all times" he pointed to Harry "see he just got back to his dorm"

Wait but if Peter is dead "then why was Pettigrew on the map?" Remus looks worried "I'm not sure if you have a minute or two could you help me find his name?" The stars could wait "of course"

"I found him!" I say "Perfect, Thank you for helping Y/N you can go now, good night."
"No problems and good night professor"

A/N
ik the time skips seem like a day or two but it's actually multiple months at a time sometimes
Also my marauders side is coming out a bit so I'm gonna go back to the main plot