Ch.3 - The VERY Beginning

F.Claire=Flashback Mrs.Afton
G.Claire/Mrs.Afton=Ghost Mrs.Afton/Current/spirit

The balloon faded out and a memory faded in.

"What the hell?" Confused, she examined her surroundings, "High school?" She didn't expect to literally be in the memories again. She expected some sort of 3rd person.

"This is where it started. You'll see."
Mrs.Afton looked and saw her hands writing. Well, Flashback Claire's hands were writing. F.Claire?

Since this was a flashback, could she not do what she wanted? Attempting to get up, she ended up leaving her flashback body and returned back to ghost form. A gray skinned mid-forty-year-old ghost with orange hair and scars from her death.

So she could move to other locations she didn't in her past, but her flashback wouldn't follow.

"I'm not letting you do that often," The voice said.

Mrs.Afton was abruptly forced back into her flashback body.
"Figured. But, rude."

Mrs.Afton looked at what F.Claire was writing. She was writing poetry. Right... I used to do poetry. As she read it, she cringed. Something about love being a dance. Having ups and downs but remaining a beautiful melody.

G.Claire scoffed bitterly, "Not when you marry William Afton."

The screech of nails on a chalkboard made G.Claire cringe equally hard. It was that teacher.

"Attention please!" Ms.Rhonda called and the class answered, unenthusiastic,"Attention yours."

"A new student has arrived. From Britain. Give your introduction."

A tall new guy, blue eyed, dark haired brunette in a purple jacket and khakis stepped through the door, "The name's William Afton," his accent heavily British, "Pleased to meet you all." His voice was deeper and dragged out slowly, but somewhat attractive— or, attractive to F.Claire. The dead Claire wanted to rip his twisted brains out and move on with her li— death.

~Timeskip~

Claire was driven home by her uncle. Mrs.Afton remembered she lived with her aunt, uncle, and cousin, because her parents passed away when she was young. Their moms were sisters, so they had different surnames from their dads.

Her cousin was in the Mechanics club, making him come home later.
Claire watched her past self do homework, dance, and more dance.

Two hours later, the door was thrown open by her cousin and he strolled in.
"Claaaaraaaaaa!" He yelled and gave her a hug from behind. Clara was the name her parents gave her, so Claire was a homage but detachment from them.

"It's 'Claire', Henny!" She teased.

"You say 'Henny'', I say 'Clara'."

FlashClaire giggled, "Fiiiine, Henryyy."

"The one and only! Henry Emily~!" He said with a bow. Mrs.Afton laughed. She remembered how much she adored her cousin; they were practically inseparable siblings.

Behind Henry, another person showed up. Mrs.Afton wasn't laughing with her memories anymore, turning stern and cold. An unsure boy examined the house. Tall, dark haired, and wearing purple.

"What a lovely place this is," William he awed, "Hi." He said warmly when he realized Claire was there.

F.Claire put her hand in his hand to shake it (versus G.Claire who gave a rude signal with her finger). "Hello William! I'm in most of your classes. Claire Schmidt."

"Call me Will." He suggested with another smile. An awkward silence arrived when they realized they had been holding hands for a long time.

Henry popped in."Aha...! Well, Willy 'ere visited my mech class in hopes we could devise a good way to combine his costume mascots with robots so he won't have to perform in them."

G.Claire flinched. She forgot about how early on their ideas came.

The memory faded out and quickly speed ran through some things: First date with Will, F.Claire introducing arts to him, him showing her robotics.

Mrs.Afton was surprised when she automatically started reciting what he was saying before he said it. The fact she retained this knowledge for around 70 plus years was pretty cool— and scary. She was too often around robots. Maybe it was like brainwashing.

More memories: High school Graduation, their first animatronic... then there was a memory with a little more significance to G.Claire, but she didn't realize yet:

F.Claire teaching William ballroom dance in the backyard of the house they rented with Henry. G.Claire left F.Claire's body to watch from a distance.

She longed to dance with this William again. A kind and generous man who only had two dreams: to start a business and to start a family; both with Claire. At the end of their lives and marriage, they both wanted nothing of each other. Or... maybe they did. Maybe each of them wanted the other to come to their senses and that would never happen. Mrs.Afton didn't realize the soft flow of tears on her face.

At this time they were starting 'Fredbears Family Diner' with the golden versions of Freddy and Bonnie. G.Claire remembers a lot of times they danced like this, so for a bit, nothing was significant about this specific night. Until FlashClaire broke the silence of their dancing.

"Will," F.Claire started shakily, "What do you think of children?"

He spun her before answering, "They're needy, delicate, loud," not a great start, "But they're also innocent, adorable, and playful. They're all the future. Kids are awesome, I mean, why would I be starting a business for their entertainment if I didn't love them."

G.Claire was still angry to be in his 'presence' but at the same time she softened, "Why couldn't you have stayed this way?" she muttered somberly.

F.Claire smiled softly, "Well would you love our child?"

William's eyes widened and his mouth hung slightly agape, "What?" his eyes got glossy, "Claire- are you...?"

Their dancing came to a halt as the woman nodded without looking up at him.

His shock formed a grin from ear to ear then he spun her around ending them in a hug.

F.Claire cried with joy, "So, you're okay with this?"

"Of course!" Will's British voice was smothered in his tears. He put his lips to her forehead softly as G.Claire stuck out her tongue like a child.

Henry walked out, "We got the building!"

The past Afton couple looked at the hazel haired man in shock, "Really?!"

"Yeah! We bid the highest!"

William hugged F.Claire tighter with excitement, "Hell yeah! Fredbear's here we come!"

Mrs.Afton couldn't help but laugh at the innocence of the moment; the unknowingness of the messed up future.

Henry cheered with them until he noticed the tears that soaked F.Claire's face. He shot her an inquisitive look. Mrs.Afton settled down comfortably, happily recalling what would happen when she revealed, "This is gonna be funny."

"Umm... I'm..." the past iteration of herself stuttered.

William quickly finished the sentence with a smirk. Henry then froze like a deer in headlights.

Claire giggled like a little girl and watched the memory be replaced with herself in the delivery room.

She held a small baby in her arms, with Will by her side. It stirred quietly and she held him closer, "My Michael Afton."

Okay hi! I don't like this episode, but I hope you did! thanks for reading and the next episodes are actually fnaf. At least this was longer! Should I keep Ghost Claire's commentary or make it completely just her first person flashback without it? Please let me know what you think and if you want more of this, it gives me motivation! one person would be nice. Thank you so much for reading and have an amazing day/night! -Guhnome