Wait, Charlotte's Missing?

Charlotte's missing? "What?" Claire quietly exclaims, "When- Where-?

"I don't know!! I-I haven't seen her since last night!" her cousin, Henry stutters.

"Last night?! Where are you right now??"

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza..." The one with the puppet, "I really don't understand! How did the puppet not work..."

"Is he at home?" William asks from behind her, getting out of bed.

She shakes her head, "Henry, have you been there all night?"

"Yes. I was working until 2 or so—"so he hasn't slept, and now Claire could hear it in his voice "—the last employee closing up at 9 was supposed to make sure Charlotte was there, but they didn't... Did William see her?" His voice stiffens at his co-worker's name.

She relays to her husband Henry's question.

Nonchalantly, he answers: no.

"No... William didn't-"

"So she was missing before 1?! Oh this is bad... the puppet, it's missing too, I can't catch a signal for the animatronics or her bracelet," his panic outdid the tiredness in his voice. He gave a sigh and she could hear his trembling.

William walks up from behind his wife, with how close they are, she could smell alcohol from the bar, Junior's, on him. The man, now in a purple tee, snatches the blocky phone from her.

"Hello?" he waits and irritation shows on his face, "Henry." he waits again, "HENRY!" Now Claire thinks her cousin went into a panic rant, which is reasonable.

"Henry, I need you to calm the hell down or I'll sucker punch you..." that seems to shut up the man on the other end, "How long have you noticed she's been missing?"
Claire faintly hears his response. Will leans against the dresser the phone was on and chews his lower lip. Her face scrunched up concernedly. Afton exhales, "That long? Hasn't it been like," he glances at the grandfather clock down the hall, "more than 7 hours or so?"

A loud and distressed whimper-yell is heard on the other side. So loud that William holds the phone further from his ear, "Henry," Will groans, his face straight now, "Where have you checked?" William listens to a short listing of areas, "And you haven't checked outside yet?"

She bets Henry responds with, "Charlotte couldn't have because of the rain and her arm band," by her husband's increasingly irritated expressions.

"What do you mean? —Of course she could go outside you dimwit —if you can't find a signal for the puppet or the bracelet anything is possible, no? —rain won't stop kids from going outside."

Mrs.Afton assumes again that Henry is walking outside to check, based on how long Afton waits until: "Oh my- CHARLOTTE-! NO... THIS CAN'T..." and Henry's sobs.

Afton glances at his wife, his expression blank now, "What seems to be the matter, Emily?"

He holds the phone more between them so they both could hear the other man's answer, "The puppet's here... but Charlotte— she's dead..."

Hellos! I'm sorry for the late post and short post! I'll release another chapter in 2 days or so to compensate for how short this one is. Have a good day/night! :)