Ch.11 - Where's Charlotte?

I drove in my light gray van. An eight seater van, holding herself, her 3 kids, and 3 extra teenagers that weren't hers.

One of her own—obviously the eldest—and the two in the Bonnie or Chica mask were bickering for their own animatronic favorite to be the best. Connor stared blankly out the window, not particularly interested in anything. Elizabeth pressed her palms to her ears and C.C. clutched his fredbear plush to his face, hiding the tears that might form from fear of the teens arguing behind him.

Claire was in a better mood, so she wasn't nearly as irritated as the day before. The pancakes were very filling, but maybe tomorrow, she'd make waffles as a gift to Connor's family. Susie hadn't been found yet and each minute that goes by means a less likelihood of finding her alive or even... dead. But she knew in her heart, Susie would return to them. Right?

As of now, the location the girl went missing is closed off. Although, that's only one of the branches. There were many sister locations. The one with the toy animatronics existed. There was also a western themed bunch made by Henry.

Since William didn't consent to this idea (the animatronics up till then all having been his) the purple loving guy was spiteful of this branch and didn't fund it at all. Slightly stifling their relationship with Henry. Without the funding of Will, the quality wasn't the best. Sure, Henry had the technical expertise, but the execution was mediocre at best. Michael nicknamed the animatronics there, the mediocre melodies.

At the moment, they were driving to Fredbear's Family diner. The original. C.C.'s favorite. Mrs.Afton was going to plan his surprise party when they got there. It didn't matter if it was in two weeks or not, she had to plan it as soon as possible because all the locations were packed with reservations. Yes, even as the owner's wife she still had to be early to get a reservation.

Claire parked and the kids came out of the car, followed by the teens.

"Freddy boy feeling down?" Benson teased his friend, "Well we'll bring you up!"

He scooped his friend up in a princess carry and ran inside, the other two laughing as they followed.

She didn't mind it, except for the fact that they totally slammed the door in Elizabeth's face when they ran inside.

"Ugh! Dummies!" she pouted. The mother held the door open for her kids and entered.

This was the oldest of the locations, least popular, and least maintained. Even being the least popular, it was still popular.

The air was musty with a hint of oily pizza smell. The walls were yellow, patterned with party hat silhouettes. The table cloths varied in shades of purple, and the gray carpet was stained darker by dirty shoes. People talked, a party sang happy birthday, and the few arcade cabinets buzzed, electrified, and filled with life from the images that shone from it.

She quickly strode to the clerk.

"Hello Mrs.Afton," The girl said, probably in her early twenties. Her name tag read: Taphytta Grilin. The face of Taphytta's watch read 11:12.

"Good morning, Taphytta. I'd like to plan the party for my son."

She grinned, a simple showing up beneath her lip, "Perfect. Obviously, you don't have to pay, but which party package do you want?"

The owner's wife shuffled through her purse,"The Bonnie package."

Taphytta scribbled a code onto the clipboard, BPkg, "Are you sure you don't want the golden package?" There were three packages here, Bonnie, Fredbear, then the Golden package, in that order.

"Yeah I don't want to use too much of the resources William has."

The clerk smiled, "You're so considerate, Mrs.Afton. That's one table, party streamers. two pizzas, fifteen faz-.tokens, and a free golden bonnie plush."

"Thank you," Claire told the girl, slipping a tip onto the counter and walking away before she could respond.

******

Later in the day, her daughter had whined and complained that Fredbear's was ugly and disgusting; she caused such a disturbance that Claire had to drive them all to another location to shut her up.

The toy animatronics location.

Here it was much cleaner. The floor was checkered and clean, the walls were silver with a checkered pattern at the bottom. The floors were also checkered and the tablecloths were white with confetti designs. Way more kids were here, art was taped to the walls, along with posters of the band. The animatronics here were sleek and lighter. Bonnie and Chica were slimmer. The Chica animatronic had pink pants and a bib that curved with her breast area, which Claire always heard jokes from the weird teenagers about. The Bonnie one was a light blue with large green eyes and a red bow tie. The Freddy here, on the other hand, was rounder. All had the same rosy cheeks on their faces. There was no foxy here. Or, there was, but kids always destroyed it—the thing was eventually rebranded as Mangle, the Take Apart and Put Together Game. A balloon dispenser known as balloon boy existed, and the security measure was a slim black figure with a smiling white mask, the Marionette.

For most of the time, Elizabeth had been playing the Mangle's Quest arcade cabinet, so she left to find her sons.

Before she could, she bumped into a child.
The kid fell on the floor and Claire looked down to see: "Charlotte!"

The girl sprung up, "Hi auntie!"

Kids were resilient, "You're fine, right?" she thumbs-upped with her right arm. On it was a green band that allowed the puppet to know she was in the building. She couldn't leave unless her parent—Henry— took it off and left with her.

She ran and tried to introduce herself to a trio of kids with pink, blue, and yellow wristbands. Claire was sure she'd be alright. The Puppet ensured that.

Even in the middle of summer, the rain outside was intimidating, threatening to worsen. They should leave soon.

Closer to the stage, she found her sons. Mike and his friends were playing a game of monkey in the middle with C.C.s Fredbear plush.

"You guys—! Cut it out!" the boy cried, "Stop it, Please!!!"

"Waaah waah, stoppit, you're making my feeeeeelings hurt, boooohoo," some of the boys mocked. Tears streamed down his face like waterfalls.

Claire caught the plush midair, ceasing their game of bullying, "You four are horrible," Mike sneered, Jeremy frowned guiltily, Connor looked down, and Benson made an insincere frown and traced a fake tear on his face with his finger. A very rude finger. She narrowed her eyes at them and scooped up her younger son, "You three, I'm calling your mothers. You, Michael, are going to get a stern talking to from both me and your father," he flinched, "We're going home."

"But what about us?" Connor asked, his face turned down into a deep frown of shame.

The woman sighed, "You live on our street, you'll come with us. You two can call your parents home. Tell them what happened yourselves before I do."

She turned on them and got Elizabeth. Henry was working, so she didn't bother, but she couldn't find Charlotte. She hoped to say goodbye but she'd be fine. She's still inside and safe, because of the Puppet.

She sighed, cradling C.C. "It's okay buddy... tomorrow's another day."

Heyyyy how ya doing? My school starts tomorrow! I'll try to keep up my posts weekly, but please don't mind if it's a day or two late. If you ever get bored, check out my other fnaf story, Daycare Resident, set in security breach. Haha, sorry for plugging my own story, have a good one!