Hospital

Claire sits in the waiting room. Patiently waiting for the nurses to allow her to stay with her son. Fidgety, her hands subconsciously toy with ruffles on her skirt.

William and Micheal are at home, presumably, William was lecturing Mike.

"Clara Afton?"

She shoots up from the chair and goes to where she heard her name, "Yes?"

"Your son is #### Afton or alternatively known as C.C. right?"

"Yes, C.C. Is he okay?"

She frowns and looks down at the clipboard, "Um... Ma'am... Your son is missing part of his frontal lobe. While it could be possible to live without that part of the brain, his blood loss and general damage... we can't assure you that he'll survive."

It's almost like all of reality crumbles in on Claire. "My baby... won't survive?"

The nurse's brows turn down in compassion, "It's possible. But he could also live."

Tears flow softly down her cheeks, aware the nurse is only trying to help, but also aware that the latter wasn't likely, "How long?"

"...we're unsure. But we'll try our best to keep him comatose so that he can maybe wake up. Does that sound good to you Mrs.Afton?"

Slowly, she nods. Cal nurse backs out of the way to let her into C.C. 's room. Claire stops in the doorway. The boy is in blue hospital clothes, has a blanket over his lower body, and rests flat on his back. Machines hook up to his body. A large bandage wraps around his head where his injury was. The middle of it is stained light pink.

She crouches right next to his side, grabbing his hand rightly, "C.C, darling, please be okay. Please... please..." she pleads with him and fate. The heart monitor's beeps stay in a steady rhythm. It's the only thing that marks the passage of time.

Until: "Knock knock...?"

Claire moves her head so fast that her neck cramp becomes apparent, "Ahh—" she looks at the man who entered, "Oh, Will... Hi love."

He smiles weakly, "The doctor already told me about the situation."

"Where's Mike?" Mrs.Afton asks him solemnly.

"Home. Watching Beth." I can say it surely now that I no longer trust him to watch his siblings. Not when this is the result of the last time he was alone with one.

He taps a vase of lavender in his hand, "Flowers." I try to smile at the gesture, but find myself crying again. He rubs my shoulder comfortingly. The lavender smell is on his hands. We sit in silence, with our son, and the background noise of a heart monitor and high pitched ringing.

*****

William leaves for the night, to make sure Mike and Elizabeth are okay. Claire sleeps at the hospital to keep her son company. Her eyes are puffy, red, and burning from constant crying. Around midnight, high pitched ringing drowns out all other sounds. Everything around her ceases to exist, and everything turns pitch black.

"C.C?" she spins in panic, "Where are you?!" A door appears. Then a flashlight in her hand, "What...?" She opens the door slowly and peeks through. More darkness. Though, she hears something. Heavy breathing. Close to her face, warm, and stinks strongly of decay. Claire coughs, accidentally switching on the light in her hand. In front of her stands a horrific version of the blue Bonnie. Large, ripped fabric, glowing eyes, sharp claws, and sharp teeth are some of its features. But worst of all, it's terrible breath doesn't come from its real mouth. It comes from the mouth in his stomach. Metal teeth open and close, threatening to close around Claire herself.

Claire subsequently screams, terrified of this warped reality.

1:30AM creative juices