Chapter 17 - Different worlds

Y/N

pacing the room back and forth i nibble on my finger nail, im aware nail biting is a bad habit but now is not really the time to be contemplating on my bad habits. Staring out of the window, the soft pitter patter from the rain against the glass takes my attention, i place a hand on the cool surface and watch the droplets as they fall and it is almost soothing if it wasn't for the pit of my stomach aching with anxiety. I've always loved the rain and the way it calms me but currently i cant help but ponder.

A door swinging open rips my attention away from the window and i eye Naomi in the doorway, kicking the door shut after her as she makes her way towards me, she reaches forward and takes my hand and places a picture in my palm. My brows scrunch up as i examine the picture and its a picture of a baby scan. The hairs on my neck stand on end as i stare at the picture in my hand in shock, emotions swirl in the pit of my stomach and i don't like the feeling one bit.

"do you believe me now?" she asks with a shrug and a tilt of her head, "why didn't you mention this before?" i ask trying not to fist the baby scan in my hand.

"i didn't see how it was necessary but seen as though i knew his plans to leave me started showing, i mean its the perfect time to mention it, don't you think?" a smug smirk coating her face, you can see a glint in her eye, she's enjoying rubbing this in my face way too much.

i grit my teeth as anger washes over me, how could i be so stupid to get involved with a married man, doesn't matter if he loves her or doesn't that's not my problem if he's still married to her and now with a baby on the way i don't want to ruin the child's life with an absent father. i wouldn't want that for any child.

last thing i ever wanted was to become a home wrecker like my ex, "what do you want from me Naomi?" i say giving up, I'm fighting a losing battle.

A smile lights up on her face "i want you out of our lives, and for good"

"when" i ask, she reaches into her handbag and gets a wad of cash, a train ticket out of it and a key and she hands it to me, i take it from her, this bitch planned this from the start, even bought a train ticket and had money in her bag knowing this was going to happen.

"the key is for your new apartment, seen as though i want you out of here as soon as possible, don't you come anywhere near me or jungkook again if you want to see the light of day" she turns on her heel and walks out the bedroom slamming the door behind her.

My eyes well up with tears and threaten to fall, I slowly fall on my knees and sit on the floor clutching the baby scan and looking at it through a blurry lens.

A sob wracks through my body and I can't hold it in any longer, I can't tell Jungkook about this, I don't want to ruin this baby's life once it's born knowing it's father doesn't want anything to do with it and me being the villain in this situation for that child to grow up loathing me for what I've done. Never once did I think Ide end up being what I feared the most.

Tears fall free and an ache in my chest doesn't seem to go away. I need to pull myself together

But you love him

I do

Shouldn't I just stay?

Naomi's warning rings in my head

I don't know how long I've been huddled in a ball on the ground but I need to get up, I'm so pathetic.

Grabbing a duffel bag I get all the things I need and shove it in the bag. Once packed i leave the room that I shared with him, the memories of first waking up in this room floods in my mind a sad memory. He saved me that night and he's saved me countless times after that too.

Letting a soft sigh out I leave behind the place I started to call home and the one person that gave me more solace and love that I could have ever imagined.

I love you Jungkook but I can't ruin your future over my own selfish needs.

I know Jungkook was ready to leave and divorce but with his parents knowing there's a possible heir to their companies they would be overjoyed and more likely to refuse the divorce idea at once.

He and I belong in different worlds

It's the reality

A/N
Hey there, yes booooo small chapter
I'm sorry for the wait and ik I left this on a very sad note and the story is more or less coming to a close soon, few more chapters and it's finished but I'm not here to spoil but just a little bit of closure.

I have an announcement to make soon too possibly I'll be making it whenever I release the ending  but yes watch out for that.

Thank you all so much for ur love and support y'all are loyal asf and I love you and I have no idea how u put up with my ass that drops a chapter then disappears then returns, only you guys and I give u full credit for that, you guys are awesome thank you lovelies 🖤