Nineteen

⚠️TW//High⚠️

25 Weeks

"Let us know if you need anything, there's clothes in there for El too. I just grabbed her some of yours, but Crys and I can go get more if she wants anything specific." Michael comments to Luke as he sees them out of Elodie's hospital room.

"Thank you, Mike. I'll let you know, most of her stuff doesn't fit right now anyway, she's been stealing mine for weeks now. You two go get some sleep, I'll let you know when she's awake and what the plan is by morning."

"Tell her we love her, and that we are rooting for her." Crystal adds quickly.

"I will. Go snuggle your baby girl for a while. I know you need that."

"Ya, I can't wait to pick her up. I'd hold her in the car if it was safe to do so." Crystal half laughs, "You go snuggle in with your girls for a bit too, and maybe try to rest."

"I will. Thanks again, for everything you two did for us tonight."

"No problem." Michael smiles, settling his arm around Crystal's back as he turns her towards the exit.

Sighing, Luke turns back to the room waiting, seeing Elodie laying in the hospital bed. Peter had left shortly after her arrival in the room, he was clearly having a hard time seeing his baby sister in such rough shape. Luke couldn't blame him for that though, the scrapes, cuts, swelling, and bruising covering the side of Elodie's face and the portion of her arm he can see is rather nauseating. If his whole world wasn't laying in that bed he'd have probably tried to leave already too. Crystal had held out a bit longer, hoping to see El wake up, but as 2am rolled around Michael convinced her it would be better to go home and get some rest.

"Hey, pretty girl." Luke drags a chair right up to the edge of the bed, softly taking Elodie's left hand in his. "We're gonna get you through this okay, and you're going to have some gnarly scars but I promise they won't make you any less beautiful. I'm so glad you're okay, El. A broken arm and some road rash, we can deal with that. And our baby girl is okay, that is such good news." He lets out a small chuckle to cover a sob of relief, his second hand reaching out to rest against Elodie's stomach, smiling as he feels their little girl kick out against the pressure of his hand.

Sliding himself forward he presses his lips to the side of Elodie's stomach. "Hi, princess, it's daddy. I'm so glad you're okay, baby girl. Tonight was scary, for you, for mummy, and for daddy. But I promise everything is going to be okay. I won't let anything else happen to you or mummy. Thank you for being okay, baby girl. I love you so much."

"Lu?" His eyes lift quickly as he hears her voice, tears cascading down his face as he grins.

"Hi, pretty girl. How are you feeling?" Luke asks, standing to brush her hair back from her face, kissing her forehead softly.

"I hurt, everywhere. What happened?"

"You were hit by a car after dinner last night. You broke your arm pretty badly and had surgery to set it already. Lots of cuts and scrapes and bruises, but nothing that won't heal, at least that's what your doctor said."

"And our baby?" She asks, her tone clearly more concerned.

"She's fine, perfect still and she's been kicking out at my hand in the last few minutes, so she's definitely in there just as happy and excited as usual."

"Good. Good. My stomach really hurts, that scared me. I was afraid she was gone or something."

"Your stomach hurts? Inside or outside?"

"Both." Elodie chuckles softly.

"I'm sure there's some road rash on it, but I don't know why it would hurt inside, should I call someone to make sure you're okay?"