Twenty-Six

28 Weeks

"Are you going to stare at those all day?" El teases lightly, wandering out of the ensuite to see Luke sitting on the bed with the sonogram pictures from their trip to the doctors this morning.

"She's just so perfect. I can't help it." Luke chuckles, "You look nice." He adds as he looks up to her.

"I tried a little harder to get some makeup on today." She shrugs, sitting down beside him carefully. "She has your cute nose." Elodie chuckles, poking the picture and then Luke's nose.

"Ya. But I think everything else is all you." He sighs, "which is a good thing for her, because she's got the most beautiful mum."

"Sap." She laughs, "We should probably go soon, we don't want to be late for game night."

"Ya, I was going to check the mail real quick and then we can head out." He nods, setting the photos on his nightstand and offering her help up again.

"Are we expecting packages in the mail today?"

"Nothing huge, but I think a package from my mum is supposed to have arrived today. If she put chocolate in it I don't want it to melt in the mailbox." Luke answers as he wanders away from her, leaving her to slide into some sandals and head downstairs on her own.

"Was the package from your mom there?" Elodie calls out from the kitchen as Luke comes back inside a few minutes later.

"Ya, and a couple other things. It's a big day for mail in the Hemmings house." He chuckles, setting the DNA kit they'd sent out for on the counter in front of her.

"I guess we really will be getting some answers then..." She smiles nervously.

"In a few weeks, we have to follow the instructions and send it back. We can do that tomorrow. This also came." He smirks slightly as he sets another envelope on top of the kit.

Frowning, Elodie picks it up, unsure what exactly Luke is getting at with what looks like an ad for a resort in Hawaii. "What is this? Junk mail?"

"No, it's our confirmation letter, welcoming us to our baby moon." He chuckles, stepping behind her and reaching around to take the envelope, opening it as he settles his head softly on her shoulder.

"You still planned us a trip?" She turns slightly, grinning up at him.

"You have your all clear check on your arm July 9th. We fly out the morning of July 11th. We're spending seven whole days at a resort on Maui, your birthday, my birthday, and celebrating hitting 32 weeks into the pregnancy while we are there. It's the last chance you have to really go anywhere before settling in for that last stretch of pregnancy."

"I didn't think we would still be able to go, not after my accident and everything."

"Oh, we are going, El. I made sure of it, and called your doctor to make sure it was still safe."

"Thank you, Lu. I can't wait." She chuckles, turning fulling to hug him as well as she can.

"Anything for you, pretty girl." He mumbles, kissing her hairline, "Now, game night?"

"Right, let's go!" She steps back quickly, turning to head for Luke's car.

***

"Okay, so Calum begged me not to put charades on the agenda for tonight, so instead we are going to play truth or dare." Michael stands in front of the tv, grinning like a child.

"Ashton doesn't drink, and Elodie can't drink." Luke points out quickly.

"I know, we're playing in teams. Couples actually. One of you drinks for the both of you. Luke, Brooke, you're automatically drinking for your partnership. Cal and Brandy you can hash out who's drinking on your own."