Twenty-Seven

29 Weeks

"Crystal?" Elodie answers the phone, surprised to be getting a call from her friend at 10am on a Saturday.

"I'll be at your house in twenty minutes. I expect you to be showered and your hair washed. No questions."

"Crys."

"No buts either. Go shower, you're wasting time." With that the line cuts.

"Luke!" Elodie groans, rolling herself out of the bed awkwardly.

"What's up, pretty girl?" Luke wanders into the bedroom a minute later.

"Do you know why Crystal told me to get in the shower before she gets here?"

"Yes, and I would listen." He smiles knowingly.

"Are you going to share?"

"Nope, Michael is coming over to help me get the crib and nursery set up while you follow all of Crystal's instructions happily." He chuckles.

"What's going on, Luke?" She whines, pouting out her lip.

"You are getting in the shower, that is what's happening. I'm not breaking on this one, Crystal is scary when she threatens."

"Fine." El huffs, slipping her arm out of the sling and finding the wrap that goes around her cast for showering.

"I love you, and I promise you will be glad you listened." Luke sounds amused as he heads back out of their room.

Begrudgingly Elodie climbs into the shower, grateful it isn't hair wash day so she doesn't have to try and do that one handed. Thus far Luke had been doing that for her, and he had gotten good at braiding it down her back or twisting it into a bun for her. Fifteen minutes later she's standing in her closet in a robe, trying to figure out what she should be wearing, not sure due to the fact that she has no idea what is happening today.

"Stay out of daddy's way and help if you can, Indy Kay." She sighs as she hears Crystal's voice coming up the stairs. At least now she can get advice on what to wear.

"Crys-" "Oh, perfect. Stay in your robe for now, I'm going to do your hair and makeup and then you get to put this on and come with me." Crystal comes into the room with a white dress on a hanger in one hand, her large makeup case in the other.

"What are you doing, Crystal Clifford?" Elodie accuses pointedly.

"Dolling up my best friend and taking her out of the house for the day." Crystal smiles, "Now sit, we have limited time."

Elodie attempts to get anything out of Crystal, but the girl never cracks. After a while she gives up, accepting that she is enjoying being done up again for the first real time since the accident. Crystal takes the time to curl her hair and do some sort of half updo with it, giving her a soft and natural makeup look as well before helping her into the beautiful flowy white dress she'd brought with her. It's beautiful, and lightweight, both things Elodie is grateful for in the blistering June heat. Following along with Crystal's cryptic plans until the older woman pulls into Brooke and Ashton's driveway at exactly 2pm.

"What's going on, Crys?" Elodie asks, slipping out of the car, following Crystal to the door.

"Surprise!" Elodie jumps slightly as they step inside, the noise isn't exceptionally loud, but it is startling. Her eyes burn slightly as she takes in what is in front of her, Brooke, Brandy, Rebecca, Amber, Sadie, Lily, and on the laptop in Brandy's hands, Liz. The living room is decorated in pastel colors and greenery, large boxes that read B-A-B-Y stacked beside a balloon arch.

"Welcome to your baby shower, El." Crystal grins, hugging her as tightly as she can from the side.

"You guys planned a baby shower for me?" El asks, her voice still full of shock.