14

HER HANDS BRISTLED against the snowy grass as she watched the science kingdom from afar

HER HANDS BRISTLED against the snowy grass as she watched the science kingdom from afar. Her knees were curled towards her head, which she rested on them. It had long been hours since Ukyo had left her.

Yet, she just stayed in between the trees, observing them. They had finished completing fully functional light bulbs. Her mind wandered into various thoughts, did they really need her if they could accomplish all of this without her.

She watched in amazement at how quick Senku's hands were. His eyebrows were knitted in concentration as he clamped the bulb onto the contraption.

"Tada, he just invented or recreated a working switch" she whispered to herself, observing closely. Did he think of her while she was gone? Did he miss her presence?

"You know, science isn't the only thing that roams his gigantic brain" [Name] bumped her head on the tree trunk she was leaning against. Her head whipped to the direction where the familiar voice came from.

Gen stood there, proudly looking down at her. He was out collecting supplies when he noticed a shuffle between the snow pile. If it weren't for her beige clothes, he would've confused her hair for snow.

"GEN" she took deep breaths to calm down her heart. "YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME" she silently screamed at him, hoping the others hadn't heard.

"Gomen [Name] chan but imagine me when I saw you here so suddenly. I thought we weren't gonna see you until the war" His legs folded into a sitting position as he stayed next to her.

"Tsukasa had been well..." at the mention of his name, she instantly thought of their shared kiss. This made her warm up despite the icy snow against her palm.

"[Name] chan~ what are you hiding~" he smirked at her flustered expression, knowing full well something had happened.

"Don't tell this to Senku but umm" she fiddled with her fingers.

"I kissed Tsukasa"

"YOU WHAT" Gen screamed so loudly that [Name] had to leap in order to shut his mouth.