Anakin- wanna smoke?

i looked at the city as my hands rested on the railing of a balcony. i couldn't sleep and had left my room to go for a walk. somehow i just ended up here.

out of nowhere i heard a voice behind me "what are you doing awake" i looked over my shoulder to see anakin walking towards me. me and anakin weren't very close. we had trained together a couple times given we where both trying to become jedi masters. i had known him since i was young though. when we were fifteen he was my first kiss, but we had just grown farther apart since then.

"couldn't sleep, you?" i countered.

"same" he rested his hands on the railing and looked out at the beautiful city of coruscant, it was lit up due to the darkness outside. it was around 2 in the morning. i pulled a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from my pocket and offered him a smoke.

"i didn't know you smoke" he said looking at me with a confused look.

"i dont"

"why do you have it then?" i put the cigarette in my mouth and lit it.

after i blew out the smoke from my first drag i said, "only once in a while i will." i gestured the cigarette in his direction and he took it. he took a long drag before handing it back. we handed it back and forth in silence. i could taste him when i put it back in my mouth and i wondered if he could taste me. i scooted closer to him and i could tell he noticed because he did the same.

"you smell good" he said taking his last drag before flicking the cigarette butt over the railing.

"thanks" i leaned my head against his upper arm. we sat like that for about an hour before going our separate ways.

(two weeks later)

i found myself standing on the balcony again, smoking a cigarette. i went to reach for the cigarette to take it out of my mouth. but a foreign hand did it for me. i looked up a little startled, to see anakin put the cigarette between his lips.

"god you scared me" i said looking away. i could feel him looking at me. his eyes tracing my body.

"sorry. can't sleep?" he asked still staring at me.

"yup" he handed the cigarette back to me and i took an extra long drag. i hadn't seen anakin much since that night two weeks ago. he had been on a mission with obi-wan. i missed seeing him. i had gone out the the balcony every night hoping it was the night he came back.

"haven't seen you in a while" i said braking the silence.

"i was pretty busy. on a mission and stuff" something was off in between us. it was almost awkward to be next to each other again. he moved his hand back and forth on the railing. i shivered a little when the wind hit me. anakin must have noticed because next thing i knew he was putting his jacket around me.

"i missed you. came out here every night" i said still not looking at him.

"that jacket looks good on you" it felt like we were talking to two different people.

"it was cold with out you here"

"i wish i had been here" he lightly moved my face towards him with his finger.

"should have been" i smiled and looked at his blue eyes.

"hand me another cigarette"

Word count:590

Ok heres the first one ik its short but i will make longer ones later on. Hope yall like it!!