parents

omg this is abt hayden's character scott barringer from higher ground!! if u don't know what it's abt basically, scott's a troubled kid and goes to s high school for at risk teens. if u want more, watch it lmao.

"there outside waiting" peter said as he watched me bounce my leg and bite at my nail. in the few months that he had known me, he quickly picked up on my anxiety. one of the most obvious things was that i chewed on my nails/fingers or lips. i also bounced my leg and fidgeted a lot.

"are you ready?" he asked still looking at me, knowing the answer. i shook my head. i was no where close to ready to go to dinner with my family. my neglecting, alcoholic mother and my pedo step father. he had never actually touched me but he would be suggestive or slap my ass or something small like that. it may seem small to others but it felt big to me. i mean i was 14 when it started and he was 45. now i was 16 living at a high school for at risk teens.

"can i bring someone?" i asked after a few long moments. he took a second to think about it.

"i suppose, are you thinking a student or counselor?" he asked.

"student"

"i guess, you better go grab them then" i thanked him and left out the back door to find the only person i had told about my step father. i looked across the grass and saw him walking with auggie (another student). i jogged up behind him.

"scott" i said quietly behind them. he turned around and saw an anxious look on my face. he knew that something had happened so he bid auggie goodbye and turned his attention to me.

"what's wrong?" he asked in a worried tone.

"my parents are here" he just looked at me. his pretty blonde hair was messy on his head. i had grown to fall for scott but he could never know. we had became close but i didn't think he was very into me. i think he's into shelby or juliette.

"peter said i can bring someone to dinner with-"

"yes" he said cutting me off.

"what?"

"yes i'll go with you" his eyes were kind i thanked him and pulled him into a quick hug. we walked together to my mothers car. this was the first time i had seen her in two months and when i did see her i immediately started biting my nail.

"hi honey" she greeted me. i could tell she was trying to give me a hug but i just scooted closer to scott. she gave me a pained look and then my step father stepped in also greeting me.

"um mom, this is scott he's coming with us" he reached his hand out and shook both of theirs. we all said goodbye to peter and i grew more nervous knowing i was leaving campus with my parents. but i was lucky to have scott with me. we all got in the car and my mother began to drive before speaking again.

"so y/n is scott your boyfriend?" she asked smirking. i bit down on my finger harder.

"um no just a friend."

"oh stop biting your nails, it's very unattractive" she said and i brought my hand to my lap. "so you two aren't anything?" she continued.

"no ma'am" scott answered. the car went quiet for a little while. i was picking at my fingers, the alternative to biting them. scott noticed and reached his hand over to hold mine. he didn't know how much the meant to me. he meant it in a friendly way but i felt it in a love way. he slowed rubbed my hand with his thumb. i played with his hand for around 10 minutes, till we arrived and a seafood restaurant. my mother knew i didn't like seafood and i knew my mother didn't care. we all got out of the car and i immediately found my place next to scott.