•Chapter 7•

Operation Chaipunk

"Did you need to give it a name?"

"Yes! The name is the most important part!"

Miles and Gwen lay in the latters bedroom, writing in a small blue notepad with "Operation Chaipunk" scribbled on the front in red paint pen, courtesy of Miles.

"Ok, but why did you pick Chaipunk? How'd you come up with that." Gwen asked, exasperated by the younger.

"Because Pav really likes chai and Hobie is a punk! Therefore, Chaipunk!" Miles responded enthusiastically, grinning at his amazing choice of name.

"Ok sure, anyway, do you have any ideas on how to go about this-?"

"Uh- my only one was get them drunk or something-?"

"Hello? Their both underage?"

"Yea but like- who cares-?"

"I- no Miles, we aren't getting them drunk!"

"Well what do you suggest?"

"Ok, so.."

Gwens plan was simple. Easy. Impossible to fail.

Built to combat Pav wanting to ignore Hobie, the plan entailed both of them asking to meet with Pav and Hobie respectively, at the same place, and then cancel at the last minute, leaving the 2 together. However, there was one flaw in this plan.

They underestimated just how much Pav was willing to avoid Hobie.

__________

hey set up the meeting place for the date in A certain area of HQ, a place neither of them would suspect.

Pav arrived first, always the punctual one. He got there and sat on a bench with a hoodie on, and oh so consequently it happened to be very similar to one of Gwens hoodies.

So, when Hobie eventually arrived, he sat on the bench next to Pav, thinking it was Gwen.

The moment Pav saw the taller man he jumped up.

"Hobie?!"

"Pav?!"

"What are you- look, i really can't- i've got to-"

"Look i know your mad at me but i need to-"

Just then their phones rang in unison.

Hobie answered his, but Pav let it ring. He instead used it as an excuse to run away from Hobie, and he hid in a small storage closet and finally answered the call, it was Miles.

"Hey Pav, I-"

"Sorry Miles i can't hang out."

"What?! Why?!"

"Hobie's here."

"And?"

"I told you! He obviously hates me so im not talking to him, saving him the trouble."

"Look- Pav, why don't you just talk to him?"

"I can't."

"Yes you can-"

"Miles no."

"But-"

"I can't Miles. I love him and i can't put our friendship on the line. I just need to wait for this to blow over, ok?"

"Ok, but you'll need to talk to him eventually."

"I know, but i really can't right now."

"Okay. Ill talk to you later."

Pav hung up and opened a portal back home.

Meanwhile, Hobie watched as Pav fled, while Gwen spoke over the phone

"Hey, i can't make it today, sorry"

"Mhm"

"Are you ok?"

"Not really but I'll live. See you, Gwen."

Hobie hung up and decided to just go home.

__________

"We really screwed up."

"Really? I hadn't noticed!" Miles replied, sarcasm evident in his tone.

Gwen and Miles sat in the olders bedroom, both having just hung up with Pav and Hobie.

"We need a new plan."

"Duh."

"What something they can't run away from.."

They think for a minute when all of a sudden, Gwens watch beeped. A new mission from Miguel. Gwen and Miles exchanged a quick look of knowing before Gwen had to leave and Miles went home.

And thus was formed:

Operation Chaipunk (attempt 2)

This time, they'd concocted a new and improved plan that was totally unstoppable!

However, they would need one specific persons help. And to get their help they'd need another persons help.

"You want me to what?!"

"Convince Miguel to put Hobie and Pav on a mission together! Easy!" Gwen spoke first

"Oh my- your trying to get them together, aren't you."

"That is a possibility" Miles replied

"Im in, let me go talk to him." Peter.B said as he walked towards Miguels.. office? Room thing? Idk what it is.

"That was... easier than i thought it would be!" Gwen said, happiness evident on her face.

"Im glad, otherwise it would've been really annoying"

"Pff, yea"

Peter.B came out and said that all was ready to go, and that he managed to convince Miguel to put them on a mission together the next day.

Miles and Gwen, upon hearing this, were ecstatic that their plan had worked and Gwen hugged Miles, making the younger man blush as she did too, realising what she did.

"So, we should probably be heading home.." Miles said, facing away from Gwen

"Yea, we should.."

After a few seconds Gwen worked up some courage and said

"Hey, do you want to stay at my place tonight..?"

Miles smiled in glee and happily agreed, calling his parents first of course but then the 2 went through a portal together, leaving Peter.B to his devices.

Word count - 826

(Im so excited for the next chapter :DD)