•Chapter 8•

__________

Pavitr's watch beeped. A mission from miguel in earth 51914, the universe of... Spider man who throws cake? Even Miguel pit a question mark afterward. Strange, but oh well.

Spider man (who throws cake) had been injured and an anomaly had showed up with no spiderman to defend the city.

Pav forgot to check his mission partners tab in a panic of justice and immidietly opened a portal to 51914.

Meanwhile, Hobie nearly missed his watch notification, as he was playing Guitar. Upset that Pav had ignored him, and dissapointed Gwen had called off their playing time because "Miles needs my help with something urgent!"

So, he took his frustration out on music, wether that was saving people with it or just playing for fun, it didn't matter.

However, similarly to Pav, when he got his watch call he forgot to check who else was on the mission.

Oh no.

__________

When Pav got there, he was alone, and the anomaly was fairly easy to spot. It was a bigger than average Lizard, shrouded in Black and White, glitching occasionally.

As Pav began to swing over, he heard a familiar sound not far behind him.

A portal?

He guessed he was wasnt alone then, ok, i wonder who-

Oh.

The sound of stomps and guitar cut through the universes noise, reaching Pav's ears as he felt his stomach do flips and his face warm at the thought of the taller man.

Of course, it was Hobie.

"Pav?! Is that you?"

"Yes. Hello!" Pav said sarcastically, as he swung further from the other, steadily gaining on the Anomaly.

"Hey can we- Pav wait up!"

Pav eventually came up behind the monster, slinging his bangle around it until it was Tied up entirely.

"Look Hobie, this was easy so theres really no reason for you to be here-"

Pav was cut off by the Anomaly headbutting him off of the ledge he stood on.

As Pav fell to the ground, he was extremely winded but generally fine, however when he tried to stand up a tremendous pain shocked through his whole body.

"PAV?! PAV ARE YOU- oh my- Pav are you okay?!"

Hobie came closer to the shorter as the pain subsided as quickly as it came.

"Im fine, we need to stop this thing." Pav said, attempting to swing up to the monster once again when the pain came back.

Pav screamed as he fell to the floor, writhing in agony. It felt like his body was being torn apart and put back together again.

Then it stopped.

"Pav?! Pav you cant do this, you-"