【one】

❝That one girl❞

Javier was no stranger to sex and everybody knew it.

The entire agency knew what he was doing and why he was doing it, but somehow no one had any special comments. He even had his fans there, mostly among the women, who were very much vying for his attention. And he made great use of that attention, turning the situation around so that he would wake up in the morning with a sense of satisfaction. These women were able to do anything for him, completely losing their heads for him.

Well, with one exception.

He was now strolling with Steve, discussing the newest evidence in the case, when his eyes caught a female figure sitting at one of the desks. To his suprise Steve walked over there and handed her some papers while having a little chat with her.

Her brown waves fell in cascades over her shoulders, obscuring her face contorted in a grimace of concentration. She sat with her head bent over a folder of papers, correcting something with the pen she held in her hand.

She was wearing that short pencil skirt and a slightly unbuttoned white shirt so that the necklace hanging around her neck could be seen.

As he looked, he saw a part of her tanned skin hidden under the fabric of her clothes, which immediately aroused his senses. He yearned to taste her, kiss her fully, pink lips, and bury himself deep down, just to make her a moaning mess under—

"Let's go. The ambassador is waiting." Steve brought him back to reality while patting his back and turning from the sight of her.

Holy shit.

"Who was that?" he asked giving in to his own curiosity.

"Who?"

"The girl you talked to. Is she new?"

"No. She has been here for six months, I think." he explained.

Six months?

How could she work here for that long without being noticed by him? Was he blind?

"Why haven't I seen her before?"

"Because of your big ego?" replied Murphy, taking his sunglasses out of the pocket.

Javi rolled his eyes.

"Are you free tonight?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I thought that we could go for a drinks. You, me and Connie." Steve said, walking out of the agency building, looking around.

"Sounds good. The bar across the street? I'll be there by nine." he patted his back and without saying goodbye, began walking to his car.

Steve followed him with his eyes, trying to push away the thought that the topic of the girl would come back eventually and then started walking in his own direction.

* * *

The next day was even worse.

Javier couldn't stop thinking about her. Even after he dragged a random girl to him and fucked her blindly, nothing could help him.

When he woke up in his bed in the morning with blonde hair strewn across his chest, for a moment he thought it was her.

That last night it was her who kissed him, touched him and warmed his bed sheets. He wanted to do it again, make her scream his name as she shivered with pleasure beneath him, craving his thick cock and begging him to fuck her sensless.

But reality slaped him brutally and within a blink of an eye he was back in agency, trying to reduce his paperwork while drinking another glass of whiskey.

She was out of sight. It frustrated him. He needed to see her, to hear her sweet voice that could made him come from the mere mention of his name.

He had to get it somehow.

So when he spotted her that day outside of the building, with another man hugging her, he felt something boiling inside him.

Jealousy? Maybe. Possessiveness? Absolutely.

But when he saw a smile decorating her lips as she leaned in and kissed him...

Javier realized he could never give her what she had now.

A loving boyfriend who cares for her, not worrying that she might become easy target for his enemies. That one day she'll end up in a dark alley with bullet in her head.

He snap out if it only after a moment, feeling all emotions drain from him as he was filled with emptiness. The same emptiness that has always followed him since he left Laredo. Since he left Lorraine on the altar and began his fucked up narcos chase.

That was his life now. Full of danger, pain and sleepless nights in a city ruled by the devil himself.

* * *

"Javi?"

"Hm?"

"I asked if you're okay."

"Yeah, totally."

What a lie.

He wasn't thinking about anything other than to go back to his apartment where he could freely drink his whiskey and watch the sun rise.

Coming here was a mistake. He felt bad.

Connie and Steve were a perfect couple. They trusted eachother and looked so good together.

Javier was alone. As always. And probably forever. He couldn't bring himself to do such a thing, even thinking back to the Lorraine he'd left at the altar. Was that what love was? A series of unsaid words, lies at every turn and the accompanying suffering?

Connie put her hand on his noticing that it started shaking. Javier blinked a few times, realizing that Steve was nowhere in his sight anymore.

"You should take a day off, Javi." she send him a concerned look. "I'm serious. You need it."

But he only smiled in response, squeezing lightly Connie's hand and putting his under the table. He appreciated that she was worried about him. It warmed his broken heart and gave him hope, that maybe there are people who really care about his well-being.

When Steve came back, he noticed something was off. Connie send him a sad smile, but Javier quickly waved it off and started new subject, pushing away unpleasant thoughts.