【three】

❝Crashing the walls❞

Once inside the apartment, she finally breathed, pressing her back against the door and closing her eyes.

Stress was still coursing through her veins and her muscles were still tense. Her cheeks were red with nervousness as she kept looping Javier's words in her head. She wanted to laugh, but all that left her mouth was a long sigh.

She took off her shoes, slowly freed herself from the layers of clothes she was wearing, to finally find herself in the shower. When she left, the apartment was in total darkness, forcing her to turn on the light. Immediately afterwards, she began to prepare her dinner, not throwing the image of the brunet out of her head.

"Asshole." she cursed, shaking her head.

What was he thinking? That she would just fall into his arms like the others?

For the rest of the evening, she tried not to think about it, trying to quiet her mind with her favorite TV show and the glass of wine she got for her birthday.

She was just at the scene where the main character meets her lover and immediately thought about her boyfriend.

Elodie took the phone and picked his number waiting for an answer. Maybe she shouldn't call? What if he is doing something important and she's being too needy? What if he-

"Honey?"

She let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey, I was just thinking about you." she cheered happily.

"I'll be home in three days. Then you'll have me all to yourself." he chuckled giving her butterflies in her stomach. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." she replied a little heartbroken. "I want you to be here. With me, on our couch while watching our favourite series-"

"You mean that stupid telenovela of yours?"

"Cody!" she laughed, her cheeks burning up. "Come on, you love it."

"I hate it, you know that."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."she rolled her eyes with a smirk. "How was your day?"

"Busy." he said, his voice muffled by some loud noise. "I'm sorry baby, I gotta go."

"Oh- okay. Love you, stay safe."

"Love you more, bye sweetheart."

Elodie pursed her lips in a thin line and put the phone down. Day by day she missed him more and the routine she experienced over and over again was killing her even more.

Cody's job required him to travel out of town, so she was alone most of the time. When he came back, for a week or two the world suddenly got better. Every day she could wake up next to him and thank fate for sending her such a wonderful man.

But today she was again forced to fall asleep without him, wrapped in cold sheets and dead silence punctuated by sounds from the street.

Nothing outside of her daily routine.

* * *

Coming to work on Saturday should be illegal.

That's what she thought while stepping into the agency building, wanting nothing more than to go home and stay in bed.

But Pablo Escobar won't get in prison himself.