【five】

❝Asshole❞

  "Oh my god."

  "What?" she leaned around the corner, hearing those words. Her gaze wandered around and stopped on the television, where they showed the Palace of Justice.

  In flames.

  "Oh shit." she added, exchanging the looks with Julia.

  "M-19?"

  "It looks like it."

  And it looked very bad.

  Escobar made new friends. Friends who were now running with guns, going more furious each second. Bunch of motherfuckers, who destroyed material that would put Pablo in prison.

  That only meant one thing. More paperwork.

  Great.

  The next day was even worse.

  The operation group were send for a raid in the outskirts of Bogotá. From what she heard, it wasn't the easy one and what's even worst, two of their people got injured.

  Normally she would have waved it off, but not when she found out from Julia that Javier and Murphy took part in it.

  When they came back to Agency it was something around  3 p.m. She saw just a glimpse of Murphy, who clearly was in hurry. He had no cuts or bruises on him, so that reassured her.

  Now all she had to do was check on Peña.

  It was nothing and yet, she felt nervous about it.

  Elodie hesitated outside of Javier's office door, her heart pounding in her chest. Maybe she shouldn't bother him? Maybe she should call him after work?

  She took a deep breath, and with a shaking hand, she knocked on the door.

  "Come in," Javier's voice called out, and with a deep breath, Elodie pushed open the door.

  She found him sitting at his desk, his eyes glued to the report and his fingers holding a cigarette looking as good as always.

  She cleared her throat, getting his attention, and he looked up at her with a frown. He clearly wasn't expecting her at that moment.

  "Hey," he said, his voice low and soothing.

  "Hey," Elodie repeated, her voice barely above a whisper. "I have those pictures you wanted."

  He nodded, his expression serious. "Put them somewhere."

  She made her way over to his desk, her eyes watching as his muscles began to tense. Something was off. He let out a long sigh.

  "Are you okay? You look-"

  Javier looked at her, his eyes glinting with frustration. "What do you want, Hamilton?" he snapped, his voice harsh.

  Elodie flinched, taken aback by the sudden change in his tone. "I... I just wanted to check on you," she said. "I heard what happened and-"

  "I don't wanna hear it." he cut her off, putting the cigarrette into ashtray. "Go. I'm sure you have more important things to do."